New or used shipping containers for sale Birmingham
3J SERVICES LTD offing Birmingham Containers...
The Best Prices for Shipping Containers for sale in Birmingham - West Midlands, West Midlands
Birmingham Portable Office Cabins, West Midlands Modular Buildings and West Midlands Containers made to all sizes available. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Birmingham, Lee Bank, Ladywood, Digbeth, Brookfields, New Town Row, Deritend, Hockley, Highgate, Newtown, Bordesley, Nechells Green, All Saints, Spring Vale, Aston New Town, Gib Heath and surrounding West Midlands areas.
West Midlands Container, Steel Container Birmingham, Container offices, second hand and new with the options of High Cube, Refrigerated, Extra doors, Roller Shutter, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, West Midlands Delivery and so much more – with Birmingham Great Prices. Just get in touch for more info, available deliveries and a quick quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, rapid to respond to queries and delivered in 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Birmingham Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Birmingham Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life as very big packing boxes for a diverse range of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Birmingham containers are robust and hard-wearing because they are designed to stand-up to severe weather conditions when at the same time carrying large and heavy cargo around the world, this ideally makes them a perfect fit not only for shipping but also for domestic storage or as a a start point for a modified container project. These steel containers are available as new or used units and 3J have volumes of stocks currently available in Birmingham and West Midlands.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Birmingham and West Midlands
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Birmingham and West Midlands. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used West Midlands shipping container mean?
Used containers in Birmingham have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services deliver brand new and second hand Birmingham cargo containers for sale and converted containers across Birmingham, West Midlands, West Midlands & the United Kingdom. Our containers are perfect for West Midlands domestic or Birmingham commercial storage, portable accommodation, site office, dry room, security hut, chemical storage, West Midlands welfare units, Birmingham modular buildings and so much more. 3J Services containers are Hard wearing, Weather-proof, Secure, New or Used, can suit a full range of budgets, Readily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Birmingham and West Midlands
The new container has been built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, and then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Birmingham and West Midlands
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Birmingham – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Birmingham containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Birmingham – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Birmingham – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Birmingham – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Birmingham – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Birmingham – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Birmingham – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Birmingham Container Experience
We have over 40yrs experience in providing Birmingham containers for a wide variety of uses, from moving home to top-end, in-depth container modifications and structures. They can be fabricated to almost any size and can be custom built to suit your requirements.
The team at 3J provide you professional expertise and advice, take care of your West Midlands storing needs, helping you throughout the sales process and ensuring that your container delivery is done efficiently through one of our West Midlands haulage specialists. Typically, our containers are delivered using a Hiab truck which also off-loads your Birmingham container.
Call us today on 0330 321 3380 for a cost-effective Birmingham quote or complete our quick enquiry online form and find out more
Birmingham, Lee Bank, Ladywood, Digbeth, Brookfields, New Town Row, Deritend, Hockley, Highgate, Newtown, Bordesley, Nechells Green, All Saints, Spring Vale, Aston New Town, Gib Heath, West Midlands, West Midlands
True insights into Birmingham Storage Container For Sale
82 feet) The most common containers used in the building and construction of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The simple answer is yes. There are various examples of container homes all over the world. However the more complicated answer is, it depends where you live! As with any new building and construction you ought to always contact your local planning authority prior to dedicating yourself or spending too much money.
If for instance you live in a location of exceptional natural appeal or all your houses around you are standard stone homes etc. you’ll likely discover that the planners won’t be extremely responsive towards the concept of a house constructed of huge steel boxes. sea containers. You’re container house will likewise have to reveal that you comply with fire regulations and other structure control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re a low-cost technique of building a house as the cost of purchasing a container is extremely reasonable. However, as with anything there is an aspect of you get what you pay for! – numerous older containers will have had a difficult life and might well be twisted or bent.
True insights into Birmingham Storage Container For Sale
No Rust – new containers will have a great coat of fresh paint and ought to be rust free. – if you’re using several shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up completely and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however 2nd hand 40′ containers can be selected up from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price distinction can soar to over 10,000 extremely rapidly. – there are lots of companies who can offer you 2nd hand containers at extremely short notice from local stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, eliminated a few doors and windows, weld them together and you’re done, right Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to have to cut a lot of huge holes unless you desire all your spaces to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any additional windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to enhance the entire container in order to change the lost rigidity. sea containers. This indicates you’ll require to include a lot more steel to your container and that’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to consider is condensation.
Finding out about Modified Containers For Sale pricing in Birmingham and West Midlands
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation truly needs to be touching all the unequal shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation threat increases within the voids that are left. You’ll likewise require to install a great vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent moisture coming into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might trigger rust to the steel and reduce the effectiveness of your insulation. In my viewpoint the very best method to insulate a container homes is to utilize among the closed cell spray foam insulations readily available. My thinking for this is the spray foam will bond to the unequal surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a concern for personal taste. But in either case it needs to be done thoroughly and properly if you wish to prevent rust issues in the future. Less expensive I’m on the fence with the one. Building container homes can in theory be cheaper than standard building and construction.
5 methods for finding a Birmingham Storage Containers Near Me
– re-using old containers sounds like a fantastic method of re-cycling. But the truth stays that shipping containers are method over crafted to be a home. So you wind up cutting out and getting rid of a lot of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to change the structural integrity.
– containers are extremely resilient as they’re designed for usage at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a few days. But just after lengthy engineers reports and strengthen works etc. have actually been performed. Schedule – containers are relatively plentiful and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll transfer heat extremely rapidly, so in hot climates they can overheat and in cold climates they can be extremely cold. You might have to sandblast them to get rid of the paints and change the plywood floor. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Implying you’ll probably have to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Particularly if you mean to stack them more than one high.
While I was initially drawn to the concept of container homes being a fantastic method to recycle containers by turning them into homes. The more I researched it the less convinced I was that they’re as green as we like to envision. I suspect by the time you get all your engineers reports and perform all the required reinforcing works and develop a great jointing detail to sign up with the containers I ‘d be surprised if they’re more affordable than a standard house on the very same size.
But as a way of providing a roofing system over your head, they’re certainly compromised and while I praise anyone who takes one on and succeeds, and numerous have, I do not think they’re for me. Container Homes.
We do not transform old shipping containers for people to live in. We produce brand new container homes to a guaranteed build basic, backed by a 10-year structural warranty. Your home is designed, from the ground up, to be a home, unblemished by seawater or contents that might have undermined its structural integrity.
Our container housing units are function developed and not transformed shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a typical shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building and construction, so that the centre of the roofing system is a little raised to enable rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no less than 197 colours, providing an outstanding surface that you can alter or touch up later on with ordinary paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are typically as excellent or better than a traditionals equivalent.
We can likewise soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window placement to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, just the method you like it. We can adjust your home for accessibility for the comfort and convenience of elderly or handicapped people. We can aid with every element of your container housing needs.
We deliver your new container house prepared to live in, with all your options of surface and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the very best quality and extremely cost effective. We supply a variety of containers for almost every possible application. sea containers. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft monsters which might even be customized into a pool, the limitation is just your imagination.
With our huge range of sizes you can likewise choose the colour and level of usage from brand new, one journey or under 10 years used. In addition to our ‘just a container’ service we provide a bespoke and customised alternative for all of our containers. You can merely choose the colour, choose a specific colour of your option or perhaps deal with our imaginative group to build a genuinely custom building and construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469