New or used shipping containers for sale Bristol
3J SERVICES LTD supplying Bristol Containers...
Why choose 3J for Bristol shipping containers for sale - Bristol, South West
Bristol Portable Office Cabins, South West Modular Buildings and Bristol Containers made to all sizes provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Bristol, Canons Marsh, Tyndalls Park, Victoria Park, Clifton Wood, Kingsdown, Southville, Cotham, Hotwells, Clifton, Bedminster, Newtown, Ashton Gate, The Dings, Totterdown, Redland plus surrounding Bristol areas.
South West Container, Steel Container Bristol, Container offices, second hand and new with choices of Side Access, Grafo-therm, Extra doors, Repainting, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, South West Delivery and so much more – with Bristol Great Prices. Just get in touch for more details, availabilities and a quick quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, rapid to respond to queries and dropped-off with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Bristol Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Bristol Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life as very large packing boxes for a diverse range of goods that eventually reach our shores. The Bristol containers are robust and hard-wearing because they are specifically designed to deal with very challenging and severe weather conditions when at the same time carrying bulky and heavy cargo all around the world, this makes them a great fit not only for shipping but also for home and business storage or as a a start point for a very specific container project. Steel containers are made available as new or used units and we have large volumes of stocks currently available in Bristol and South West.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Bristol and South West
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Bristol and South West. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used South West shipping container mean?
Used containers in Bristol have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services deliver new and used Bristol steel containers for sale and converted containers across Bristol, Bristol, South West and the UK. These are perfect for South West domestic or Bristol commercial storage, portable accommodation, site office, mess room, security hut, portable office cabin, South West portable kitchen, Bristol modular buildings and so much more. Our containers are proven to be Robust, withstand all types of weather, Secure, New or Used, can suit a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Bristol and South West
The new container has been manufactured (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, it has then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Bristol and South West
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Bristol – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Bristol containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Bristol – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Bristol – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Bristol – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Bristol – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Bristol – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Bristol – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Bristol Shipping Container Experience
3J Services have over 4 decades of experience in selling Bristol containers for a vast variety of applications, from home moves to high-end, complex container modifications and structures. These can be made to almost any size and built bespoke to suit your needs.
3J Services provide you professional expertise and advice, taking care of your Bristol storing needs, guiding you along the sales process and making sure that your delivery is completed effectively through one of our Bristol haulage specialists. Typically, our containers are delivered using a Hi-Ab vehicle which also off-loads your Bristol container.
Call us today on 0330 321 3380 and get a money-saving Bristol quotation or use our quick enquiry form and get to know more
Bristol, Canons Marsh, Tyndalls Park, Victoria Park, Clifton Wood, Kingsdown, Southville, Cotham, Hotwells, Clifton, Bedminster, Newtown, Ashton Gate, The Dings, Totterdown, Redland, Bristol, South West
Helpful insights into Bristol Shipping Container Prices
82 feet) The most common containers utilized in the construction of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The easy answer is yes. There are various examples of container homes all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated answer is, it depends where you live! As with any new construction you need to constantly call your regional preparation authority prior to committing yourself or investing too much money.
If for instance you reside in an area of exceptional natural beauty or all the homes around you are standard stone homes etc. you’ll likely find that the planners will not be extremely responsive towards the concept of a house constructed of big steel boxes. 40ft container. You’re container house will also have to reveal that you adhere to fire guidelines and other structure control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re an inexpensive approach of constructing a house as the expense of buying a container is extremely reasonable. Nevertheless, similar to anything there is an aspect of you get what you pay for! – lots of older containers will have had a hard life and may well be twisted or bent.
Helpful insights into Bristol Shipping Container Prices
No Rust – new containers will have a good coat of fresh paint and need to be rust free. – if you’re using a number of shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however 2nd hand 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you need 4 containers the price distinction can soar to over 10,000 extremely quickly. – there are great deals of business who can sell you 2nd hand containers at extremely brief notification from regional stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a couple of containers stack them up, cut out a couple of windows and doors, bonded them together and you’re done, best Not quite! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a great deal of its strength and rigidness, and you’re going to have to cut a great deal of big holes unless you desire all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any extra windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to enhance the entire container in order to replace the lost rigidness. 40ft container. This suggests you’ll need to include even more steel to your container which’ll need the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll need to think about is condensation.
Finding out about Shipping Container Prices pricing in Bristol and Bristol
Despite whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation truly needs to be touching all the irregular shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation risk increases within deep spaces that are left. You’ll also need to set up a good vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent wetness entering into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might trigger rust to the steel and reduce the efficiency of your insulation. In my viewpoint the very best way to insulate a container homes is to utilize among the closed cell spray foam insulations readily available. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface of the ribbed steel walls/roof significance there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you pick to insulate internally or externally is a question for individual taste. However in either case it needs to be done thoroughly and correctly if you wish to prevent rust issues in the future. Cheaper I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container homes can in theory be cheaper than standard construction.
5 methods for getting a Bristol Container For Sale
– re-using old containers sounds like a terrific way of re-cycling. However the reality stays that shipping containers are way over engineered to be a home. So you end up eliminating and tossing away a great deal of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to replace the structural integrity.
– containers are extremely resilient as they’re developed for usage at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a couple of days. However just after prolonged engineers reports and strengthen works etc. have been performed. Schedule – containers are relatively numerous and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll transfer heat extremely quickly, so in hot climates they can get too hot and in cold climates they can be extremely cold. You may have to sandblast them to get rid of the paints and replace the plywood floor. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Indicating you’ll probably have to get an engineer’s report for your regional authorities. Especially if you intend to stack them more than one high.
While I was initially drawn to the concept of container houses being a terrific way to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I researched it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to think of. I think by the time you get all your engineers reports and perform all the necessary strengthening works and design a good jointing information to join the containers I ‘d be impressed if they’re more affordable than a standard house on the very same size.
However as a means of supplying a roofing system over your head, they’re definitely compromised and while I applaud anyone who takes one on and succeeds, and lots of have, I don’t believe they’re for me. Container Residences.
We do not transform old shipping containers for people to reside in. We produce brand new container houses to an ensured develop basic, backed by a 10-year structural warranty. Your home is developed, from the ground up, to be a home, unblemished by seawater or contents that might have undermined its structural integrity.
Our container housing units are purpose constructed and not transformed shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a typical shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roof of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed construction, so that the centre of the roof is slightly raised to permit for rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no less than 197 colours, supplying an outstanding surface that you can change or touch up later on with regular paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are usually as good or much better than a physicals equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From outside paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, simply the way you like it. We can adjust your home for availability for the comfort and convenience of senior or handicapped people. We can assist with every element of your container housing requirements.
We deliver your new container house all set to reside in, with all your options of surface and design fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we provide are of the very best quality and highly budget-friendly. We provide a series of containers for practically every possible application. 40ft container. From 6ft, a container can be utilized for motor bike or garden storage all the way to 45ft beasts which might even be customized into a pool, the limit is just your imagination.
With our huge range of sizes you can also pick the colour and level of usage from brand new, one journey or under 10 years utilized. In addition to our ‘simply a container’ service we offer a bespoke and customised option for all of our containers. You can merely pick the colour, pick a particular colour of your choice or even work with our creative group to develop a genuinely custom construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469