Used or new shipping containers for sale Cambridge
3J SERVICES LTD supplying Cambridge Containers...
Why choose 3J for Cambridge shipping containers for sale - Cambridgeshire, East of England
Cambridge Portable Office Cabins, East of England Modular Buildings and Cambridgeshire Steel Containers fabricated to any size available. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Cambridge, Newnham Croft, Newnham, Newtown, Romsey Town, Arbury, Chesterton, Coldhams Common, High Cross, Kings Hedges, Grantchester, Trumpington, Fen Ditton, Cherry Hinton, Coton, Roman Hill and all surrounding Cambridgeshire areas.
East of England Container, Steel Container Cambridge, Container offices, second hand and new with choices of Side Access, Refrigerated, Extra doors, Repainting, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, East of England Delivery and so much more – all at Cambridge Great Prices. Just ask for details, available deliveries and a hassle-free quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, rapid to respond to queries and delivered with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Cambridge Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Cambridge Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life journey as very big packing boxes for a variety of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Cambridge containers are hard-wearing because they are made to withstand extreme weather conditions when at the same time carrying heavy cargo all around the world, this makes them ideal not only for shipping but for domestic storage or as a base for a modified container project. These steel containers are made available as new or used units and 3J have large volumes of stocks currently available in Cambridge and East of England.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Cambridge and East of England
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Cambridge and East of England. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used East of England shipping container mean?
Used containers in Cambridge have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services offer brand new and second-hand Cambridge steel containers for sale and converted containers through Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, East of England & the United Kingdom. Our containers are ideal for East of England domestic or Cambridge commercial storage, portable building, portable office, mess room, security hut, chemical storage, East of England welfare units, Cambridge turnstile cabin and a lot more. Our containers are Hard wearing, Weather-proof, Secure, New or Second hand, can be a good fit for a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Cambridge and East of England
The new container has been built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, and then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it started its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Cambridge and East of England
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Cambridge – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Cambridge containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Cambridge – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Cambridge – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Cambridge – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Cambridge – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Cambridge – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Cambridge – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Cambridge Container Experience
3J have over 40yrs experience in providing Cambridge containers for a wide variety of needs, from moving home to high-end, intricate container customisations and structures. These can be made to any size and built bespoke to match your specific needs.
We provide you expert advice, take care of your Cambridgeshire storage requirements, guiding you along the sales process and guaranteeing that your delivery is completed efficiently by one of our Cambridgeshire haulage specialists. Typically, our containers are brought to you using a HIAB Crane truck which also off-loads your Cambridge container.
Contact us now on 0330 321 3380 and get a competitive Cambridge quotation or complete our quick enquiry form to get to know more
Cambridge, Newnham Croft, Newnham, Newtown, Romsey Town, Arbury, Chesterton, Coldhams Common, High Cross, Kings Hedges, Grantchester, Trumpington, Fen Ditton, Cherry Hinton, Coton, Roman Hill, Cambridgeshire, East of England
Honest insights into Cambridge Modified Containers For Sale
82 feet) The most common containers used in the building of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The easy answer is yes. There are numerous examples of container homes all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated answer is, it depends where you live! As with any brand-new building you need to always call your local planning authority prior to dedicating yourself or spending too much cash.
If for example you live in an area of exceptional natural appeal or all your homes around you are conventional stone cottages and so on you’ll likely discover that the planners will not be really receptive towards the concept of a house constructed of huge steel boxes. container for sale. You’re container house will likewise have to reveal that you abide by fire guidelines and other building control requirements.
It’s presumed that they’re a cheap approach of constructing a house as the expense of purchasing a container is really sensible. Nevertheless, just like anything there is a component of you get what you spend for! – lots of older containers will have had a difficult life and may well be twisted or bent.
Honest insights into Cambridge Modified Containers For Sale
No Rust – brand-new containers will have a good coat of fresh paint and need to be rust totally free. – if you’re using several shipping containers you’ll want them to line up completely and brand-new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however second hand 40′ containers can be chosen up from under 1,000.
If you need 4 containers the price distinction can soar to over 10,000 really quickly. – there are great deals of companies who can sell you second hand containers at really brief notice from local stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, eliminated a few doors and windows, bonded them together and you’re done, ideal Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a great deal of its strength and rigidness, and you’re going to have to cut a great deal of huge holes unless you want all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any extra windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to strengthen the entire container in order to change the lost rigidness. container for sale. This suggests you’ll need to add even more steel to your container which’ll need the services of a structural engineer, if you want to do it right! The next thing you’ll need to consider is condensation.
Finding out about Storage Containers Near Me pricing in Cambridge and Cambridgeshire
Regardless of whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation actually needs to be touching all the uneven shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation danger increases within the voids that are left. You’ll likewise need to set up a good vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent moisture entering into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might trigger rust to the steel and reduce the effectiveness of your insulation. In my opinion the very best method to insulate a container homes is to use one of the closed cell spray foam insulations offered. My thinking for this is the spray foam will bond to the uneven surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof significance there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a concern for personal taste. However either method it needs to be done carefully and properly if you want to prevent rust problems in the future. More affordable I’m on the fence with the one. Building container homes can in theory be more affordable than conventional building.
7 methods for getting a Cambridge Storage Containers Near Me
– re-using old containers sounds like a great method of re-cycling. However the truth stays that shipping containers are method over engineered to be a home. So you end up eliminating and getting rid of a great deal of steel to then add a lot more steel in order to change the structural integrity.
– containers are really durable as they’re created for use at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a few days. However only after lengthy engineers reports and strengthen works and so on have actually been performed. Availability – containers are reasonably numerous and easy to get. – as they’re steel they’ll transfer heat really quickly, so in hot environments they can get too hot and in cold environments they can be really cold. You may have to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and change the plywood floor. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Suggesting you’ll probably have to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Especially if you mean to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the concept of container homes being a great method to recycle containers by turning them into homes. The more I researched it the less convinced I was that they’re as green as we like to think of. I presume by the time you get all your engineers reports and perform all the necessary enhancing works and create a good jointing information to sign up with the containers I ‘d be surprised if they’re more affordable than a traditional house on the same size.
However as a method of supplying a roofing system over your head, they’re absolutely jeopardized and while I praise anyone who takes one on and succeeds, and lots of have, I don’t think they’re for me. Container Homes.
We do not transform old shipping containers for people to live in. We produce brand name brand-new container homes to an ensured construct basic, backed by a 10-year structural warranty. Your home is created, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that might have weakened its structural integrity.
Our container housing systems are function built and not transformed shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building, so that the centre of the roofing system is a little raised to enable rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have a choice of no less than 197 colours, supplying an excellent finish that you can change or touch up later on with common paint. The UV values of a MAC container home are usually as excellent or better than a traditionals equivalent.
We can likewise soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window placement to wallpaper. We can decorate your home, just the method you like it. We can adapt your home for accessibility for the comfort and benefit of elderly or disabled people. We can assist with every aspect of your container housing requirements.
We provide your brand-new container house prepared to live in, with all your choices of finish and design fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we provide are of the very best quality and highly cost effective. We provide a variety of containers for practically every possible application. container for sale. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft monsters which might even be modified into a swimming pool, the limitation is only your creativity.
With our large variety of sizes you can likewise choose the colour and level of use from brand name brand-new, one trip or under 10 years used. Along with our ‘just a container’ service we use a bespoke and personalized option for all of our containers. You can just choose the colour, choose a specific colour of your choice or perhaps work with our imaginative group to construct a really custom building.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469