Used or new shipping containers for sale Cardiff
3J SERVICES LTD offing Cardiff Containers...
Why choose 3J for Shipping Containers for sale in Cardiff - South Glamorgan, Wales
👉 Cardiff Portable Office Cabins, Wales Modular Buildings and South Glamorgan Containers fabricated to any size can be ordered. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Cardiff, Central, Cathays Park, Adamsdown, Riverside, Butetown, Atlantic Wharf, Blackweir, Splott, Grangetown, Cathays, Canton, Maindy, Roath, Pontcanna, Leckwith and all surrounding South Glamorgan areas.
Storage Container, Shipping Container Cardiff, Container offices, second hand and new with choices of Side Access, Grafo-therm, Tunnel, Roller Shutter, Chemical Store, Loading, Unloading, Wales Delivery and a lot more – all at Cardiff Great Prices. Just get in touch for more details, availabilities and a hassle-free quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, quick to respond to queries and delivered in 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Cardiff Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale49 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale36 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale24 Products
Turnstile Container2 Products
Tunnel Containers26 Products
Tri-door Containers1 Products
Training Rig Containers1 Products
Storage Containers29 Products
Small Containers21 Products
Side Loading Containers26 Products
Shipping Container Repairs8 Products
Shipping Container Painting6 Products
Shipping Container Accessories28 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers89 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up5 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale26 Products
Portable Office Cabins26 Products
Personnel Doors3 Products
Open Top Containers22 Products
New Containers for Sale50 Products
New 40ft Containers28 Products
New 20ft Containers38 Products
New 10ft Containers24 Products
Modified Containers94 Products
Mobile Container Services9 Products
Medium Containers18 Products
Large Containers22 Products
High Cube Containers10 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers21 Products
Container Workshop3 Products
Container Lining2 Products
Container Changing Rooms1 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets28 Products
Container Cabins & Offices34 Products
Cladded Container1 Products
Case Studies39 Products
40ft Containers for Sale37 Products
20ft Containers for sale58 Products
10ft Containers for Sale31 Products
Cardiff Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers start their life as very big packing boxes for a variety of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Cardiff containers are robust and hard-wearing because they are designed to stand-up to severe weather conditions when at the same time carrying heavy cargo all around the world, this makes them ideal not only for shipping but for home and business storage or as a a start point for a bespoke container project. Steel containers are available from 3J Services as new or used units and we have large volumes of stocks currently available in Cardiff and Wales.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Cardiff and Wales
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Cardiff and Wales. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used Wales shipping container mean?
Used containers in Cardiff have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services provide new and used Cardiff cargo containers for sale and modified containers across Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Wales & the UK. They are ideal for Wales domestic or Cardiff commercial storage, portable accommodation, site office, canteen, portable toilet, portable office cabin, Wales welfare units, Cardiff turnstile cabin and so much more. Our containers are Robust, Weather-proof, Secure, New or Used, available to be a good fit for a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Cardiff and Wales
The new container has been built (most likely in China) and filled with cargo, and then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it started its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Cardiff and Wales
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Cardiff – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Cardiff containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Cardiff – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Cardiff – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Cardiff – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Cardiff – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Cardiff – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Cardiff – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Cardiff Shipping Container Experience
3J Services have over 40yrs experience in selling Cardiff containers for a wide range of needs, from moving home to exclusive, in-depth container modifications and structures. These can be remanufactured to any size and built bespoke to match your requirements.
3J Services provide you professional expertise and advice, taking care of your South Glamorgan storage needs, guiding you through the sales process and making sure that your Cardiff delivery is done effectively by one of our South Glamorgan haulage professionals. Most of the time, our containers are delivered using a Hiab lorry which also off-loads your Cardiff container.
👉 Contact us now on 0330 321 3380 for a cost-effective Cardiff quote or fill-in our quick enquiry online form to find out more
Honest insights into Cardiff Storage Containers Near Me
82 feet) The most typical containers used in the building of container houses are the 40 foot containers. The easy response is yes. There are various examples of container houses all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated response is, it depends where you live! Just like any new building you need to constantly contact your local planning authority prior to committing yourself or investing excessive cash.
If for instance you live in a location of outstanding natural beauty or all your homes around you are traditional stone cottages and so on you’ll likely find that the organizers won’t be extremely receptive towards the idea of a house made out of big steel boxes. 40ft container. You’re container house will likewise have to show that you comply with fire regulations and other building control requirements.
It’s presumed that they’re a low-cost technique of constructing a house as the expense of buying a container is extremely reasonable. Nevertheless, just like anything there is an aspect of you get what you pay for! – numerous older containers will have had a tough life and may well be twisted or bent.
Honest insights into Cardiff Storage Containers Near Me
No Rust – new containers will have a great coat of fresh paint and need to be rust complimentary. – if you’re utilizing a number of shipping containers you’ll want them to line up perfectly and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however pre-owned 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price difference can shoot up to over 10,000 extremely rapidly. – there are great deals of business who can sell you pre-owned containers at extremely short notice from local stock so you could have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a couple of containers stack them up, cut out a couple of doors and windows, bonded them together and you’re done, right Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a great deal of its strength and rigidness, and you’re going to have to cut a great deal of big holes unless you want all your spaces to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any additional windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to reinforce the whole container in order to replace the lost rigidness. 40ft container. This means you’ll require to include a lot more steel to your container and that’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you want to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to think about is condensation.
Finding out about Buy Shipping Container pricing in Cardiff and South Glamorgan
Regardless of whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation truly requires to be touching all the uneven shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation danger increases within deep spaces that are left. You’ll likewise require to set up a great vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to avoid moisture coming into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which could trigger rust to the steel and decrease the efficiency of your insulation. In my viewpoint the best method to insulate a container houses is to utilize one of the closed cell spray foam insulations readily available. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the uneven surface of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air spaces for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a question for individual taste. However either method it requires to be done carefully and properly if you want to prevent rust issues in the future. Cheaper I’m on the fence with the one. Building container houses can in theory be cheaper than traditional building.
5 methods for finding a Cardiff 40ft Container
– re-using old containers seems like a fantastic method of re-cycling. However the truth stays that shipping containers are method over engineered to be a home. So you wind up cutting out and discarding a great deal of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to replace the structural stability.
– containers are extremely durable as they’re created for use at sea. the structure of your house could be up in a couple of days. However only after prolonged engineers reports and strengthen works and so on have been performed. Accessibility – containers are reasonably abundant and easy to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat extremely rapidly, so in hot climates they can overheat and in cold climates they can be extremely cold. You may have to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and replace the plywood floor. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural stability. Implying you’ll probably have to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Particularly if you intend to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the idea of container houses being a fantastic method to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I researched it the less convinced I was that they’re as green as we like to imagine. I suspect by the time you get all your engineers reports and bring out all the needed strengthening works and develop a great jointing detail to sign up with the containers I ‘d be amazed if they’re much cheaper than a traditional house on the very same size.
However as a method of supplying a roofing system over your head, they’re absolutely jeopardized and while I praise anyone who takes one on and prospers, and numerous have, I don’t think they’re for me. Container Residences.
We do not convert old shipping containers for people to live in. We produce brand name new container houses to an ensured construct standard, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is created, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that could have weakened its structural stability.
Our container housing units are purpose built and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building, so that the centre of the roofing system is somewhat raised to enable rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container houses are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have a choice of no less than 197 colours, supplying an exceptional finish that you can alter or touch up later with normal paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are normally as good or much better than a physicals equivalent.
We can likewise soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, just the method you like it. We can adjust your home for accessibility for the comfort and benefit of senior or handicapped people. We can assist with every element of your container housing requirements.
We deliver your new container house ready to live in, with all your choices of finish and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the best quality and extremely affordable. We supply a variety of containers for almost every possible application. 40ft container. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft monsters which could even be customized into a swimming pool, the limit is only your imagination.
With our vast variety of sizes you can likewise choose the colour and level of use from brand name new, one trip or under ten years used. Along with our ‘just a container’ service we provide a bespoke and customised option for all of our containers. You can just choose the colour, choose a specific colour of your option or perhaps deal with our creative team to construct a truly custom building.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 321 3380