Used or new shipping containers for sale Cardiff
3J SERVICES LTD providers of Cardiff Containers...
Why choose 3J for Cardiff shipping containers for sale - South Glamorgan, Wales
Cardiff Portable Office Cabins, Wales Modular Buildings and South Glamorgan Containers made to any size available. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Cardiff, Central, Cathays Park, Adamsdown, Riverside, Butetown, Atlantic Wharf, Blackweir, Splott, Grangetown, Cathays, Canton, Maindy, Roath, Pontcanna, Leckwith and surrounding South Glamorgan areas.
Wales Container, Shipping Container Cardiff, Container offices, new and used with choices of High Cube, Grafo-therm, Extra doors, Roller Shutter, Chemical Store, Loading, Unloading, Wales Delivery and so much more – all at Cardiff Cost-Saving Prices. Get in touch for details, available deliveries and a hassle-free quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, rapid to respond to queries and delivered with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Cardiff Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Cardiff Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers start their life journey as enormous packing boxes for a diverse range of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Cardiff containers are hard-wearing because they are designed to withstand severe weather conditions whilst carrying large and heavy cargo around the world, this makes them ideal not only for shipping but also for domestic storage or as a base for a modified container project. Steel containers are made available as new or used units and we have great numbers of stocks currently available in Cardiff and Wales.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Cardiff and Wales
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Cardiff and Wales. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used Wales shipping container mean?
Used containers in Cardiff have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services provide brand new and used Cardiff cargo containers for sale and modified containers across Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Wales & the United Kingdom. Our containers are great for Wales domestic or Cardiff commercial storage, portable accommodation, site office, dry room, toilet block, portable office cabin, Wales welfare units, Cardiff turnstile cabin and much more. 3J Services containers are proven to be Robust, withstand all types of weather, Secure, New or Second hand, can suit a variety of budgets, Readily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Cardiff and Wales
The new container has been built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, it has then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it started its journey around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Cardiff and Wales
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Cardiff – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Cardiff containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Cardiff – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Cardiff – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Cardiff – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Cardiff – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Cardiff – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Cardiff – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Cardiff Shipping Container Experience
3J Services have over 40 years experience in supplying Cardiff containers for a vast range of uses, from home moves to exclusive, intricate container modifications and structures. They can be made to any size and built bespoke to match your individual needs.
We provide you expert advice, taking care of your South Glamorgan storage needs, helping you throughout the sales process and ensuring that your Cardiff delivery is done efficiently by one of our South Glamorgan haulage professionals. Most of the time, our containers are brought to you using a Hi-Ab lorry which also off-loads your Cardiff container.
Call us now on 0330 321 3380 and get a competitive Cardiff quote or fill-in our quick enquiry form to find out more
Honest insights into Cardiff Shipping Container Prices
82 feet) The most common containers used in the building of container houses are the 40 foot containers. The basic answer is yes. There are numerous examples of container houses all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated answer is, it depends where you live! As with any new building you ought to always call your local preparation authority prior to committing yourself or investing excessive money.
If for example you reside in a location of outstanding natural beauty or all the houses around you are standard stone cottages etc. you’ll likely find that the organizers won’t be really responsive towards the idea of a house made out of huge steel boxes. 40ft container. You’re container house will also need to show that you comply with fire regulations and other building control requirements.
It’s presumed that they’re a cheap technique of constructing a house as the cost of buying a container is really affordable. Nevertheless, similar to anything there is an element of you get what you spend for! – lots of older containers will have had a tough life and might well be twisted or bent.
Honest insights into Cardiff Shipping Container Prices
No Rust – new containers will have an excellent coat of fresh paint and ought to be rust complimentary. – if you’re utilizing several shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up completely and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however previously owned 40′ containers can be picked up from under 1,000.
If you need 4 containers the price difference can shoot up to over 10,000 really quickly. – there are great deals of business who can sell you previously owned containers at really short notification from local stock so you could have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a couple of containers stack them up, eliminated a couple of doors and windows, bonded them together and you’re done, ideal Not rather! As soon as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidness, and you’re going to need to cut a lot of huge holes unless you desire all your spaces to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any extra windows or doors. As soon as you cut a hole, you’re going to need to enhance the whole container in order to change the lost rigidness. 40ft container. This indicates you’ll need to add much more steel to your container and that’ll need the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll need to think about is condensation.
Finding out about Shipping Container Prices pricing in Cardiff and South Glamorgan
Despite whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation truly requires to be touching all the unequal shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation threat increases within the voids that are left. You’ll also need to set up an excellent vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to avoid wetness entering contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which could trigger rust to the steel and minimize the efficiency of your insulation. In my viewpoint the best way to insulate a container houses is to utilize among the closed cell spray foam insulations available. My thinking for this is the spray foam will bond to the unequal surface of the ribbed steel walls/roof significance there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a concern for individual taste. However in any case it requires to be done carefully and properly if you wish to prevent rust problems in the future. Cheaper I’m on the fence with the one. Building container houses can in theory be cheaper than standard building.
5 methods for finding a Cardiff Shipping Container Prices
– re-using old containers sounds like an excellent way of re-cycling. However the reality stays that shipping containers are way over engineered to be a home. So you wind up cutting out and throwing away a lot of steel to then add a lot more steel in order to change the structural integrity.
– containers are really resilient as they’re designed for usage at sea. the structure of your house could be up in a couple of days. However just after prolonged engineers reports and strengthen works etc. have been brought out. Accessibility – containers are relatively numerous and easy to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat really quickly, so in hot climates they can get too hot and in cold climates they can be really cold. You might need to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and change the plywood floor. – as soon as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Indicating you’ll probably need to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Particularly if you plan to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the idea of container homes being an excellent way to recycle containers by turning them into homes. The more I researched it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to think of. I suspect by the time you get all your engineers reports and bring out all the necessary enhancing works and create an excellent jointing information to sign up with the containers I ‘d be astonished if they’re much cheaper than a traditional house on the very same size.
However as a means of offering a roofing system over your head, they’re absolutely compromised and while I applaud anybody who takes one on and prospers, and lots of have, I do not think they’re for me. Container Houses.
We do not transform old shipping containers for individuals to reside in. We produce brand name new container homes to an ensured build basic, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is designed, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that could have weakened its structural integrity.
Our container housing units are purpose built and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building, so that the centre of the roofing system is a little raised to enable for rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container houses are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have a choice of no fewer than 197 colours, offering an excellent finish that you can alter or retouch later with ordinary paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are generally as excellent or better than a bricks and mortar equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From outside paint colours to window placement to wallpaper. We can decorate your home, simply the way you like it. We can adapt your home for ease of access for the comfort and convenience of elderly or handicapped individuals. We can assist with every aspect of your container housing needs.
We provide your new container house prepared to reside in, with all your choices of finish and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the best quality and extremely affordable. We supply a series of containers for practically every possible application. 40ft container. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the way to 45ft monsters which could even be customized into a swimming pool, the limit is just your imagination.
With our huge series of sizes you can also choose the colour and level of usage from brand name new, one trip or under ten years used. Along with our ‘simply a container’ service we offer a bespoke and personalized choice for all of our containers. You can merely choose the colour, choose a particular colour of your option or perhaps deal with our creative group to build a really custom building.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469