New or used shipping containers for sale Carlisle
3J SERVICES LTD providers of Carlisle Containers...
The Best Prices for Carlisle shipping containers for sale - Cumbria, North West
👉 Carlisle Portable Office Cabins, North West Modular Buildings and Cumbria Steel Containers fabricated to all sizes provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Carlisle, Denton Holme, Caldewgate, Willow Holme, Longsowerby, Currock, Edentown, Rickerby, Knowefield, Stanwix, Botcherby, Morton, Etterby, Whiteclosegate, Newtown, Upperby and surrounding Cumbria areas.
North West Container, Shipping Container Carlisle, Container offices, second hand and new with the options of High Cube, Grafo-therm, Tunnel, Repainting, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, North West Delivery and a lot more – with Carlisle Great Prices. Just get in touch for more details, availabilities and a cost-saving Carlisle quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, fast to respond to queries and dropped-off in 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Carlisle Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale49 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale36 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale24 Products
Turnstile Container2 Products
Tunnel Containers26 Products
Tri-door Containers1 Products
Training Rig Containers1 Products
Storage Containers29 Products
Small Containers21 Products
Side Loading Containers26 Products
Shipping Container Repairs8 Products
Shipping Container Painting6 Products
Shipping Container Accessories28 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers89 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up5 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale26 Products
Portable Office Cabins26 Products
Personnel Doors3 Products
Open Top Containers22 Products
New Containers for Sale50 Products
New 40ft Containers28 Products
New 20ft Containers38 Products
New 10ft Containers24 Products
Modified Containers94 Products
Mobile Container Services9 Products
Medium Containers18 Products
Large Containers22 Products
High Cube Containers10 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers21 Products
Container Workshop3 Products
Container Lining2 Products
Container Changing Rooms1 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets28 Products
Container Cabins & Offices34 Products
Cladded Container1 Products
Case Studies39 Products
40ft Containers for Sale37 Products
20ft Containers for sale58 Products
10ft Containers for Sale31 Products
Carlisle Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life journey as very large packing boxes for a diverse range of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Carlisle containers are hard-wearing because they are made to withstand extreme weather conditions whilst carrying large and heavy cargo around the world, this makes them a perfect fit not only for shipping but also for domestic storage or as a a start point for a unique container project. These steel containers are made available as new or used units and we have large stocks currently available in Carlisle and North West.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Carlisle and North West
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Carlisle and North West. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used North West shipping container mean?
Used containers in Carlisle have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
We deliver brand new and second hand Carlisle storage containers for sale and converted containers through Carlisle, Cumbria, North West and the UK. Our containers are ideal for North West domestic or Carlisle commercial storage, portable accommodation, portable office, canteen, toilet block, construction site cabins, North West shower block, Carlisle modular buildings and so much more. 3J Services containers are proven to be Robust, Weather-proof, Highly secure, New or Second hand, can be a good fit for a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Carlisle and North West
The new container has been manufactured and built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, and then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Carlisle and North West
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Carlisle – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Carlisle containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Carlisle – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Carlisle – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Carlisle – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Carlisle – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Carlisle – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Carlisle – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
40 years of Carlisle Shipping Container Experience
3J Services have over 40 years experience in selling Carlisle containers for a vast range of uses, from moving home to high-end, in-depth container customisations and structures. They can be made to any size and built bespoke to meet your individual needs.
We give you expert advice, take care of your Cumbria storing needs, guiding you throughout the sales process and making sure that your delivery is done efficiently by one of our Cumbria haulage experts. Most of the time, our containers are delivered using a Hiab lorry which also off-loads your Carlisle container.
👉 Contact us now on 0330 321 3380 and get a money-saving Carlisle quotation or complete our quick enquiry online form to get to know more
Real insights into Carlisle Storage Container For Sale
82 feet) The most common containers utilized in the construction of container houses are the 40 foot containers. The basic response is yes. There are many examples of container houses all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated response is, it depends where you live! Just like any new construction you ought to constantly call your regional preparation authority prior to committing yourself or spending too much money.
If for example you reside in a location of impressive natural appeal or all your houses around you are traditional stone homes etc. you’ll likely find that the coordinators won’t be extremely responsive towards the idea of a house constructed out of big steel boxes. shipping container homes. You’re container house will also have to show that you adhere to fire guidelines and other structure control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re a low-cost technique of building a house as the cost of buying a container is extremely sensible. Nevertheless, similar to anything there is a component of you get what you spend for! – many older containers will have had a difficult life and might well be twisted or bent.
Real insights into Carlisle Storage Container For Sale
No Rust – new containers will have a great coat of fresh paint and ought to be rust complimentary. – if you’re using several shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 but previously owned 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price distinction can soar to over 10,000 extremely rapidly. – there are lots of companies who can offer you previously owned containers at extremely short notification from regional stock so you could have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, eliminated a few windows and doors, weld them together and you’re done, ideal Not quite! As soon as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a great deal of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to have to cut a great deal of big holes unless you desire all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any additional windows or doors. As soon as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to reinforce the whole container in order to replace the lost rigidity. shipping container homes. This indicates you’ll require to add much more steel to your container which’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you desire to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to think about is condensation.
Finding out about Container Office pricing in Carlisle and Cumbria
Regardless of whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation actually needs to be touching all the irregular shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation danger increases within the voids that are left. You’ll also require to set up a great vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent wetness coming into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which could trigger rust to the steel and decrease the effectiveness of your insulation. In my viewpoint the very best method to insulate a container houses is to use one of the closed cell spray foam insulations available. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you pick to insulate internally or externally is a question for personal taste. But in either case it needs to be done thoroughly and properly if you desire to prevent rust issues in the future. Less expensive I’m on the fence with the one. Building container houses can in theory be less expensive than traditional construction.
3 methods for finding a Carlisle Shipping Container Prices
– re-using old containers seems like a terrific method of re-cycling. But the truth remains that shipping containers are method over engineered to be a home. So you end up eliminating and getting rid of a great deal of steel to then add a lot more steel in order to replace the structural integrity.
– containers are extremely resilient as they’re created for use at sea. the structure of your house could be up in a few days. But only after lengthy engineers reports and reinforce works etc. have actually been brought out. Accessibility – containers are fairly plentiful and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll transfer heat extremely rapidly, so in hot climates they can overheat and in cold climates they can be extremely cold. You might have to sandblast them to get rid of the paints and replace the plywood floor. – as soon as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Meaning you’ll probably have to get an engineer’s report for your regional authorities. Particularly if you mean to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the idea of container houses being a terrific method to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I investigated it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to think of. I suspect by the time you get all your engineers reports and carry out all the necessary enhancing works and design a great jointing detail to join the containers I ‘d be amazed if they’re much less expensive than a traditional house on the exact same size.
But as a method of supplying a roof over your head, they’re certainly jeopardized and while I applaud anybody who takes one on and succeeds, and many have, I do not believe they’re for me. Container Houses.
We do not convert old shipping containers for individuals to reside in. We produce brand new container houses to an ensured construct standard, backed by a 10-year structural guarantee. Your home is created, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that could have undermined its structural integrity.
Our container real estate units are purpose built and not transformed shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a normal shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed construction, so that the centre of the roofing system is slightly raised to permit for rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container houses are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no fewer than 197 colours, supplying an excellent finish that you can change or retouch later with common paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are typically as excellent or better than a physicals equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window placement to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, simply the method you like it. We can adjust your home for accessibility for the convenience and convenience of elderly or disabled individuals. We can assist with every aspect of your container real estate needs.
We deliver your new container house all set to reside in, with all your choices of finish and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the very best quality and extremely budget friendly. We supply a variety of containers for nearly every possible application. shipping container homes. From 6ft, a container can be utilized for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft beasts which could even be customized into a pool, the limitation is only your creativity.
With our huge series of sizes you can also pick the colour and level of use from brand new, one journey or under ten years utilized. Together with our ‘simply a container’ service we offer a bespoke and customised alternative for all of our containers. You can merely pick the colour, pick a particular colour of your choice or even deal with our innovative team to construct a truly bespoke construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 321 3380