Used or new shipping containers for sale Carlisle
3J SERVICES LTD supplying Carlisle Containers...
Why choose 3J for Carlisle shipping containers for sale - Cumbria, North West
Carlisle Portable Office Cabins, North West Modular Buildings and Cumbria Containers made to any size provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Carlisle, Denton Holme, Caldewgate, Willow Holme, Longsowerby, Currock, Edentown, Rickerby, Knowefield, Stanwix, Botcherby, Morton, Etterby, Whiteclosegate, Newtown, Upperby plus surrounding Cumbria areas.
Storage Container, Steel Container Carlisle, Container offices, new and used with the options of High Cube, Grafo-therm, Tunnel, Roller Shutter, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, North West Delivery and a lot more – all at Carlisle Great Prices. Just ask for more details, availabilities and a cost-saving Carlisle quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, fast to respond to queries and delivered in 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Carlisle Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Carlisle Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life journey as very large packing boxes for a wide range of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Carlisle containers are robust and hard-wearing because they are made to withstand extreme weather conditions whilst carrying large and heavy cargo all around the world, this truly makes them ideal not only for shipping but for domestic storage or as a a start point for a unique container project. Steel containers are available as new or used units and we have large volumes of stocks currently available in Carlisle and North West.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Carlisle and North West
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Carlisle and North West. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used North West shipping container mean?
Used containers in Carlisle have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
We offer new and second hand Carlisle storage containers for sale and modified containers throughout Carlisle, Cumbria, North West and the UK. These are great for North West domestic or Carlisle commercial storage, portable building, portable office, canteen, security hut, portable office cabin, North West welfare units, Carlisle turnstile cabin and so much more. 3J Services containers are Hard wearing, Weather-proof, Secure, New or Second hand, can suit a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Carlisle and North West
The new container has been manufactured and built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, and then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it started its journey around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Carlisle and North West
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Carlisle – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Carlisle containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Carlisle – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Carlisle – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Carlisle – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Carlisle – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Carlisle – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Carlisle – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Carlisle Container Experience
3J have over 4 decades of experience in selling Carlisle containers for a vast range of uses, from moving home to high-end, intricate container modifications and structures. They can be fabricated to almost any size and built bespoke to suit your specific needs.
We give you expert advice, taking care of your Cumbria storage requirements, leading you throughout the sales process and making sure that your Carlisle delivery is completed efficiently through one of our Cumbria haulage experts. Most of the time, our containers are delivered using a HIAB Crane truck which also off-loads your Carlisle container.
Call us now on 0330 321 3380 for a competitive Carlisle quotation or complete our quick enquiry form to get to know more
Real insights into Carlisle Storage Containers Near Me
82 ft) The most typical containers used in the building of container houses are the 40 foot containers. The easy answer is yes. There are numerous examples of container houses all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated answer is, it depends where you live! Just like any brand-new building you should constantly call your regional planning authority prior to committing yourself or investing excessive cash.
If for example you reside in an area of exceptional natural charm or all your houses around you are traditional stone homes etc. you’ll likely discover that the planners will not be really receptive towards the concept of a house made out of huge steel boxes. shipping container homes. You’re container house will also have to show that you comply with fire guidelines and other structure control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re a cheap approach of building a house as the cost of purchasing a container is really reasonable. Nevertheless, similar to anything there is an element of you get what you spend for! – many older containers will have had a difficult life and might well be twisted or bent.
Real insights into Carlisle Storage Containers Near Me
No Rust – brand-new containers will have a great coat of fresh paint and should be rust complimentary. – if you’re utilizing several shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and brand-new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 but previously owned 40′ containers can be chosen up from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price difference can soar to over 10,000 really quickly. – there are great deals of business who can offer you previously owned containers at really short notice from regional stock so you could have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, cut out a few windows and doors, bonded them together and you’re done, right Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidness, and you’re going to have to cut a lot of huge holes unless you desire all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any extra windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to strengthen the whole container in order to replace the lost rigidness. shipping container homes. This suggests you’ll require to add much more steel to your container and that’ll need the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to consider is condensation.
Finding out about Container For Sale pricing in Carlisle and Cumbria
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation really needs to be touching all the irregular shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation danger increases within deep spaces that are left. You’ll also require to set up a great vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent moisture coming into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which could cause rust to the steel and decrease the effectiveness of your insulation. In my viewpoint the very best method to insulate a container houses is to utilize one of the closed cell spray foam insulations offered. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof significance there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a question for individual taste. But either method it needs to be done carefully and correctly if you wish to prevent rust problems in the future. Less expensive I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container houses can in theory be less expensive than traditional building.
5 methods for getting a Carlisle Shipping Container Office
– re-using old containers sounds like a terrific method of re-cycling. But the fact stays that shipping containers are method over engineered to be a home. So you end up cutting out and getting rid of a lot of steel to then add a lot more steel in order to replace the structural integrity.
– containers are really durable as they’re developed for use at sea. the structure of your house could be up in a few days. But only after lengthy engineers reports and reinforce works etc. have actually been performed. Availability – containers are reasonably plentiful and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat really quickly, so in hot environments they can get too hot and in cold environments they can be really cold. You might have to sandblast them to get rid of the paints and replace the plywood floor. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Suggesting you’ll most likely have to get an engineer’s report for your regional authorities. Specifically if you plan to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the concept of container houses being a terrific method to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I researched it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to imagine. I suspect by the time you get all your engineers reports and perform all the necessary strengthening works and develop a great jointing information to sign up with the containers I ‘d be amazed if they’re much less expensive than a conventional house on the exact same size.
But as a method of providing a roofing system over your head, they’re definitely compromised and while I applaud anybody who takes one on and is successful, and many have, I do not believe they’re for me. Container Residences.
We do not convert old shipping containers for people to reside in. We produce brand brand-new container houses to a guaranteed build standard, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is developed, from the ground up, to be a home, unblemished by seawater or contents that could have undermined its structural integrity.
Our container housing systems are purpose built and not transformed shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a solid steel, sealed floor. The underside of a normal shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building, so that the centre of the roofing system is a little raised to enable rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container houses are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no fewer than 197 colours, providing an exceptional finish that you can change or retouch later with normal paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are normally as great or much better than a bricks and mortar equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, just the method you like it. We can adjust your home for availability for the comfort and convenience of elderly or disabled people. We can aid with every aspect of your container housing needs.
We deliver your brand-new container house prepared to reside in, with all your options of finish and design fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the very best quality and extremely budget-friendly. We supply a series of containers for nearly every possible application. shipping container homes. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft beasts which could even be customized into a swimming pool, the limit is only your creativity.
With our huge range of sizes you can also choose the colour and level of use from brand brand-new, one trip or under ten years used. Together with our ‘just a container’ service we offer a bespoke and customised alternative for all of our containers. You can just choose the colour, choose a particular colour of your option or perhaps work with our imaginative team to build a truly bespoke building.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469