New or used shipping containers for sale Cheltenham
3J SERVICES LTD providers of Cheltenham Containers...
Why choose 3J for Cheltenham shipping containers for sale - Gloucestershire, South West
Cheltenham Portable Office Cabins, South West Modular Buildings and Gloucestershire Containers fabricated to any size can be ordered. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Cheltenham, Bays Hill, St Pauls, Montpellier, Fairview, Overton Park, Alstone, Coltham Fields, Whaddon, Pittville, Tivoli, St Peters, Marle Hill, The Park, Oakley, Naunton Park and all surrounding Gloucestershire areas.
South West Container, Steel Container Cheltenham, Modified Container, new and used with the options of High Cube, Refrigerated, Tunnel, Roller Shutter, Chemical Store, Loading, Unloading, South West Delivery and a lot more – all at Cheltenham Cost-Saving Prices. Just get in touch for more info, available deliveries and a cost-saving Cheltenham quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, fast to respond to queries and delivered with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Cheltenham Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Cheltenham Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers start their life as very large packing boxes for a diverse range of goods that eventually reach our shores. The Cheltenham containers are robust because they are designed to withstand severe weather conditions whilst carrying heavy cargo around the world, this truly makes them ideal not only for shipping but also for home and business storage or as a a start point for a unique container project. Steel containers are available as new or used units and 3J have large stocks currently available in Cheltenham and South West.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Cheltenham and South West
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Cheltenham and South West. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used South West shipping container mean?
Used containers in Cheltenham have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services provide brand new and used Cheltenham steel containers for sale and modified containers throughout Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, South West and the UK. They are perfect for South West domestic or Cheltenham commercial storage, portable building, site office, dry room, security hut, construction site cabins, South West welfare units, Cheltenham turnstile cabin and so much more. Our containers are Robust, Weather-proof, Secure, New or Second hand, available to be a good fit for a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Cheltenham and South West
The new container has been manufactured (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, and then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Cheltenham and South West
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Cheltenham – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Cheltenham containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Cheltenham – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Cheltenham – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Cheltenham – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Cheltenham – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Cheltenham – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Cheltenham – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Cheltenham Container Experience
3J have over 40 years experience in supplying Cheltenham containers for a vast range of needs, from home moves to exclusive, in-depth container customisations and structures. These can be fabricated to virtually any size and built bespoke to match your individual needs.
3J Services give you professional expertise and advice, take care of your Gloucestershire storage needs, leading you through the sales process and making sure that your South West delivery is done effectively through one of our Gloucestershire haulage specialists. Typically, our containers are brought to you using a Hi-Ab vehicle which also off-loads your Cheltenham container.
Call us today on 0330 321 3380 and get a competitive Cheltenham quote or use our quick enquiry online form to find out more
Cheltenham, Bays Hill, St Pauls, Montpellier, Fairview, Overton Park, Alstone, Coltham Fields, Whaddon, Pittville, Tivoli, St Peters, Marle Hill, The Park, Oakley, Naunton Park, Gloucestershire, South West
Helpful insights into Cheltenham Modified Containers For Sale
82 feet) The most typical containers used in the building and construction of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The simple response is yes. There are numerous examples of container homes all over the world. However the more complicated response is, it depends where you live! Similar to any new building and construction you need to always call your local planning authority prior to devoting yourself or spending excessive money.
If for instance you reside in a location of impressive natural appeal or all your homes around you are conventional stone cottages and so on you’ll likely discover that the planners will not be extremely responsive towards the concept of a house constructed out of huge steel boxes. shipping container homes. You’re container house will also need to show that you comply with fire guidelines and other structure control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re an inexpensive technique of building a house as the cost of buying a container is extremely sensible. However, as with anything there is an aspect of you get what you spend for! – lots of older containers will have had a hard life and might well be twisted or bent.
Helpful insights into Cheltenham Modified Containers For Sale
No Rust – new containers will have an excellent coat of fresh paint and need to be rust free. – if you’re using numerous shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up completely and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 but used 40′ containers can be selected up from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price difference can shoot up to over 10,000 extremely quickly. – there are lots of business who can sell you used containers at extremely short notice from local stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a couple of containers stack them up, eliminated a couple of windows and doors, bonded them together and you’re done, ideal Not quite! As soon as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to need to cut a lot of huge holes unless you desire all your spaces to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) with no additional windows or doors. As soon as you cut a hole, you’re going to need to reinforce the entire container in order to change the lost rigidity. shipping container homes. This means you’ll require to add much more steel to your container and that’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you desire to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to think about is condensation.
Finding out about Shipping Container Office pricing in Cheltenham and Gloucestershire
Regardless of whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation actually requires to be touching all the unequal shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation threat increases within the voids that are left. You’ll also require to install an excellent vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to avoid moisture entering into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might cause rust to the steel and decrease the efficiency of your insulation. In my viewpoint the very best method to insulate a container homes is to utilize among the closed cell spray foam insulations available. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the unequal surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof significance there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a question for personal taste. However in either case it requires to be done carefully and properly if you desire to avoid rust issues in the future. More affordable I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container homes can in theory be more affordable than conventional building and construction.
7 methods for getting a Cheltenham Shipping Container For Sale
– re-using old containers sounds like a terrific method of re-cycling. However the reality stays that shipping containers are method over engineered to be a home. So you end up cutting out and getting rid of a lot of steel to then add a lot more steel in order to change the structural stability.
– containers are extremely durable as they’re designed for usage at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a couple of days. However only after prolonged engineers reports and enhance works and so on have actually been performed. Schedule – containers are relatively plentiful and easy to get. – as they’re steel they’ll transfer heat extremely quickly, so in hot climates they can get too hot and in cold climates they can be extremely cold. You might need to sandblast them to get rid of the paints and change the plywood floor. – as soon as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural stability. Indicating you’ll probably need to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Specifically if you mean to stack them more than one high.
While I was initially drawn to the concept of container houses being a terrific method to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I researched it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to think of. I believe by the time you get all your engineers reports and carry out all the required reinforcing works and develop an excellent jointing information to sign up with the containers I ‘d be impressed if they’re more affordable than a conventional house on the exact same size.
However as a way of supplying a roofing over your head, they’re certainly jeopardized and while I applaud anybody who takes one on and prospers, and lots of have, I do not think they’re for me. Container Homes.
We do not transform old shipping containers for individuals to reside in. We produce brand new container houses to a guaranteed develop standard, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is designed, from the ground up, to be a home, unblemished by seawater or contents that might have weakened its structural stability.
Our container housing units are purpose built and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roof of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building and construction, so that the centre of the roof is somewhat raised to enable rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no fewer than 197 colours, supplying an excellent surface that you can change or touch up later on with normal paint. The UV values of a MAC container home are typically as good or better than a traditionals equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, simply the method you like it. We can adjust your home for ease of access for the convenience and benefit of senior or disabled individuals. We can assist with every element of your container housing needs.
We deliver your new container house all set to reside in, with all your options of surface and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the very best quality and highly cost effective. We supply a variety of containers for almost every possible application. shipping container homes. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft monsters which might even be customized into a pool, the limitation is only your imagination.
With our huge variety of sizes you can also choose the colour and level of usage from brand new, one trip or under 10 years used. Together with our ‘simply a container’ service we provide a bespoke and customised choice for all of our containers. You can simply choose the colour, choose a particular colour of your choice or even work with our innovative team to develop a truly bespoke building and construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469