New or used shipping containers for sale Derby
3J SERVICES LTD offing Derby Containers...
The Best Prices for Shipping Containers for sale in Derby - Derbyshire, East Midlands
Derby Portable Office Cabins, East Midlands Modular Buildings and Derbyshire Containers fabricated to any size provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Derby, The Holmes, Little Chester, Litchurch, New Zealand, Rose Hill, Darley Abbey, Markeaton, Pear Tree, Pride Park, Chaddesden, Normanton, Breadsall Hilltop, Mackworth, Wilmorton, Allestree plus all surrounding Derbyshire areas.
Storage Container, Steel Container Derby, Modified Container, new and used with the options of Side Access, Refrigerated, Extra doors, Repainting, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, East Midlands Delivery and a lot more – with Derby Great Prices. Get in touch for more details, availabilities and a quick quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, fast to respond to queries and delivered with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Derby Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Derby Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life journey as enormous packing boxes for a wide range of goods that eventually reach our shores. The Derby containers are robust and hard-wearing because they are made to stand-up to severe weather conditions whilst carrying bulky and heavy cargo around the world, this ideally makes them a great fit not only for shipping but also for domestic storage or as a base for a bespoke container project. These steel containers are available from 3J Services as new or used units and we have large volumes of stocks currently available in Derby and East Midlands.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Derby and East Midlands
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Derby and East Midlands. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used East Midlands shipping container mean?
Used containers in Derby have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services deliver new and second hand Derby shipping containers for sale and modified containers across Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands and the United Kingdom. They are great for East Midlands domestic or Derby commercial storage, portable accommodation, site office, canteen, security hut, chemical storage, East Midlands shower block, Derby turnstile cabin and so much more. 3J Services containers are Robust, Weather-proof, Highly secure, New or Second hand, available to suit a full range of budgets, Readily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Derby and East Midlands
The new container has been manufactured (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, it has then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it started its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Derby and East Midlands
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Derby – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Derby containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Derby – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Derby – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Derby – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Derby – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Derby – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Derby – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
40 years of Derby Shipping Container Experience
3J Services have over 40yrs experience in providing Derby containers for a vast variety of uses, from home moves to exclusive, in-depth container customisations and structures. They can be remanufactured to any size and can be custom built to match your requirements.
The team at 3J offer you professional expertise and advice, take care of your Derbyshire storage requirements, guiding you along the sales process and ensuring that your container delivery is done effectively through one of our Derbyshire haulage specialists. Most of the time, our containers are delivered using a Hiab truck which also off-loads your Derby container.
Call us today on 0330 321 3380 and get a competitive Derby quotation or fill-in our quick enquiry form and get to know more
Derby, The Holmes, Little Chester, Litchurch, New Zealand, Rose Hill, Darley Abbey, Markeaton, Pear Tree, Pride Park, Chaddesden, Normanton, Breadsall Hilltop, Mackworth, Wilmorton, Allestree, Derbyshire, East Midlands
Helpful insights into Derby Storage Container For Sale
82 feet) The most typical containers used in the construction of container houses are the 40 foot containers. The basic response is yes. There are numerous examples of container houses all over the world. However the more complicated response is, it depends where you live! Just like any new construction you should constantly contact your local preparation authority prior to devoting yourself or spending excessive cash.
If for instance you live in an area of exceptional natural beauty or all your homes around you are conventional stone cottages etc. you’ll likely find that the organizers will not be extremely receptive towards the idea of a house made out of huge steel boxes. shipping container prices. You’re container house will also need to reveal that you abide by fire guidelines and other building control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re a low-cost technique of constructing a house as the expense of buying a container is extremely affordable. However, similar to anything there is an aspect of you get what you spend for! – many older containers will have had a tough life and may well be twisted or bent.
Helpful insights into Derby Storage Container For Sale
No Rust – new containers will have a good coat of fresh paint and should be rust totally free. – if you’re using several shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however second hand 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price distinction can shoot up to over 10,000 extremely rapidly. – there are great deals of companies who can sell you second hand containers at extremely brief notice from local stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, eliminated a few windows and doors, weld them together and you’re done, ideal Not rather! As soon as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidness, and you’re going to need to cut a lot of huge holes unless you desire all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) with no additional windows or doors. As soon as you cut a hole, you’re going to need to reinforce the entire container in order to replace the lost rigidness. shipping container prices. This means you’ll require to add a lot more steel to your container and that’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to think about is condensation.
Finding out about Shipping Container For Sale pricing in Derby and Derbyshire
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation really requires to be touching all the uneven shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation threat increases within the voids that are left. You’ll also require to set up a good vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to avoid moisture entering into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might trigger rust to the steel and decrease the effectiveness of your insulation. In my opinion the finest method to insulate a container houses is to use among the closed cell spray foam insulations available. My thinking for this is the spray foam will bond to the uneven surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you pick to insulate internally or externally is a question for personal taste. But in either case it requires to be done carefully and properly if you wish to prevent rust issues in the future. Less expensive I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container houses can in theory be less expensive than conventional construction.
7 methods for finding a Derby Storage Containers Near Me
– re-using old containers sounds like a fantastic method of re-cycling. But the truth remains that shipping containers are method over crafted to be a home. So you wind up cutting out and tossing away a lot of steel to then add a lot more steel in order to replace the structural integrity.
– containers are extremely durable as they’re designed for use at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a few days. But just after prolonged engineers reports and enhance works etc. have been carried out. Accessibility – containers are fairly abundant and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll transfer heat extremely rapidly, so in hot climates they can overheat and in cold climates they can be extremely cold. You may need to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and replace the plywood flooring. – as soon as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Meaning you’ll probably need to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Specifically if you plan to stack them more than one high.
While I was initially drawn to the idea of container houses being a fantastic method to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I investigated it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to think of. I think by the time you get all your engineers reports and carry out all the required strengthening works and create a good jointing information to sign up with the containers I ‘d be impressed if they’re much less expensive than a standard house on the exact same size.
But as a way of supplying a roofing system over your head, they’re certainly compromised and while I applaud anyone who takes one on and is successful, and many have, I do not think they’re for me. Container Homes.
We do not convert old shipping containers for individuals to live in. We produce brand name new container houses to a guaranteed construct standard, backed by a 10-year structural warranty. Your home is designed, from the ground up, to be a home, unblemished by seawater or contents that might have weakened its structural integrity.
Our container housing systems are function built and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed flooring. The underside of a typical shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed construction, so that the centre of the roofing system is a little raised to enable rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container houses are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have a choice of no less than 197 colours, supplying an exceptional finish that you can alter or touch up later on with ordinary paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are typically as great or much better than a traditionals equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From outside paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, just the method you like it. We can adjust your home for ease of access for the comfort and convenience of senior or handicapped individuals. We can help with every aspect of your container housing requirements.
We deliver your new container house ready to live in, with all your options of finish and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we provide are of the finest quality and highly economical. We provide a variety of containers for practically every possible application. shipping container prices. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft monsters which might even be customized into a swimming pool, the limitation is just your creativity.
With our huge variety of sizes you can also pick the colour and level of use from brand name new, one trip or under 10 years used. Together with our ‘just a container’ service we use a bespoke and personalized choice for all of our containers. You can simply pick the colour, pick a particular colour of your choice and even deal with our creative team to construct a truly bespoke construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469