New or used shipping containers for sale Edinburgh
3J SERVICES LTD offing Edinburgh Containers...
Choosing the best Edinburgh shipping containers for sale - City of Edinburgh, Scotland
Edinburgh Portable Office Cabins, Scotland Modular Buildings and City of Edinburgh Steel Containers fabricated to all sizes available. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Edinburgh, Greenside, Old Town, Hillside, South Side, Calton, Broughton, Canonmills, Abbeyhill, West End, Stockbridge, Tollcross, Pilrig, St Leonards, Bonnington, Marchmont plus all surrounding City of Edinburgh areas.
Storage Container, Shipping Container Edinburgh, Modified Container, second hand and new with choices of High Cube, Refrigerated, Extra doors, Roller Shutter, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, Scotland Delivery and so much more – all at Edinburgh Cost-Saving Prices. Get in touch for more info, availabilities and a cost-saving Edinburgh quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, rapid to respond to queries and delivered in 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Edinburgh Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Edinburgh Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers start their life journey as very big packing boxes for a variety of goods that eventually reach our shores. The Edinburgh containers are robust because they are specifically designed to stand-up to extreme weather conditions whilst carrying large and heavy cargo around the world, this ideally makes them a great fit not only for shipping but for home and business storage or as a base for a modified container project. Steel containers are available as new or used units and we have large stocks currently available in Edinburgh and Scotland.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Edinburgh and Scotland
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Edinburgh and Scotland. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used Scotland shipping container mean?
Used containers in Edinburgh have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
We provide new and second hand Edinburgh cargo containers for sale and converted containers across Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland & the United Kingdom. Our containers are great for Scotland domestic or Edinburgh commercial storage, portable accommodation, portable office, mess room, security hut, chemical storage, Scotland welfare units, Edinburgh farm storage and much more. Our containers are Hard wearing, withstand all types of weather, Secure, New or Used, available to suit a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Edinburgh and Scotland
The new container has been manufactured and built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, it has then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it started its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Edinburgh and Scotland
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Edinburgh – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Edinburgh containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Edinburgh – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Edinburgh – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Edinburgh – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Edinburgh – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Edinburgh – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Edinburgh – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Edinburgh Container Experience
We have over 40 years experience in selling Edinburgh containers for a wide range of needs, from home moves to top-end, in-depth container modifications and structures. These can be remanufactured to virtually any size and custom built to meet your individual needs.
We provide you expert advice, taking care of your City of Edinburgh storing needs, guiding you along the sales process and making sure that your delivery is completed efficiently by one of our City of Edinburgh haulage professionals. Most of the time, our containers are brought to you using a Hi-Ab vehicle which also off-loads your Edinburgh container.
Contact us now on 0330 321 3380 for a cost-effective Edinburgh quote or use our quick enquiry form to get to know more
Edinburgh, Greenside, Old Town, Hillside, South Side, Calton, Broughton, Canonmills, Abbeyhill, West End, Stockbridge, Tollcross, Pilrig, St Leonards, Bonnington, Marchmont, City of Edinburgh, Scotland
True insights into Edinburgh Shipping Container Prices
82 ft) The most typical containers utilized in the construction of container houses are the 40 foot containers. The easy response is yes. There are various examples of container houses all over the world. However the more complex response is, it depends where you live! As with any new construction you must always call your regional planning authority prior to devoting yourself or spending too much money.
If for example you reside in an area of exceptional natural appeal or all the houses around you are conventional stone homes and so on you’ll likely find that the planners won’t be extremely receptive towards the concept of a house made out of big steel boxes. 20ft container. You’re container house will likewise have to show that you comply with fire regulations and other structure control requirements.
It’s presumed that they’re an inexpensive technique of constructing a house as the expense of purchasing a container is extremely affordable. However, similar to anything there is an element of you get what you spend for! – many older containers will have had a hard life and may well be twisted or bent.
True insights into Edinburgh Shipping Container Prices
No Rust – new containers will have a great coat of fresh paint and must be rust free. – if you’re utilizing several shipping containers you’ll want them to line up completely and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 but used 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you need 4 containers the price distinction can shoot up to over 10,000 extremely quickly. – there are lots of companies who can offer you used containers at extremely short notice from regional stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, eliminated a few doors and windows, weld them together and you’re done, ideal Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a great deal of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to have to cut a great deal of big holes unless you want all your spaces to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any extra windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to enhance the entire container in order to replace the lost rigidity. 20ft container. This suggests you’ll need to include much more steel to your container which’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you want to do it right! The next thing you’ll need to think about is condensation.
Finding out about 20ft Container pricing in Edinburgh and City of Edinburgh
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation really needs to be touching all the irregular contours of the steel, otherwise the condensation risk increases within deep spaces that are left. You’ll likewise need to set up a great vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to avoid wetness entering contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might trigger rust to the steel and minimize the efficiency of your insulation. In my opinion the very best way to insulate a container houses is to use one of the closed cell spray foam insulations available. My thinking for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air spaces for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a concern for personal taste. However either way it needs to be done thoroughly and correctly if you want to prevent rust issues in the future. More affordable I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container houses can in theory be less expensive than conventional construction.
3 methods for finding a Edinburgh Shipping Container Prices
– re-using old containers seems like a terrific way of re-cycling. However the truth stays that shipping containers are way over crafted to be a home. So you end up cutting out and discarding a great deal of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to replace the structural stability.
– containers are extremely resilient as they’re developed for use at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a few days. However just after lengthy engineers reports and strengthen works and so on have been performed. Availability – containers are relatively abundant and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat extremely quickly, so in hot climates they can get too hot and in cold climates they can be extremely cold. You may have to sandblast them to get rid of the paints and replace the plywood floor. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural stability. Suggesting you’ll most likely have to get an engineer’s report for your regional authorities. Especially if you intend to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the concept of container houses being a terrific way to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I investigated it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to imagine. I think by the time you get all your engineers reports and carry out all the necessary strengthening works and develop a great jointing detail to join the containers I ‘d be surprised if they’re much less expensive than a traditional house on the same size.
However as a means of supplying a roofing system over your head, they’re absolutely compromised and while I praise anybody who takes one on and is successful, and many have, I do not believe they’re for me. Container Residences.
We do not transform old shipping containers for people to reside in. We produce brand name new container houses to a guaranteed develop basic, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is developed, from the ground up, to be a home, unblemished by seawater or contents that might have undermined its structural stability.
Our container housing units are function constructed and not transformed shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a solid steel, sealed floor. The underside of a normal shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed construction, so that the centre of the roofing system is somewhat raised to allow for rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container houses are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no less than 197 colours, supplying an excellent finish that you can change or retouch later on with common paint. The UV values of a MAC container home are usually as good or better than a traditionals equivalent.
We can likewise soundproof your container house. From outside paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can decorate your home, simply the way you like it. We can adjust your home for accessibility for the comfort and benefit of senior or disabled people. We can aid with every aspect of your container housing requirements.
We provide your new container house all set to reside in, with all your choices of finish and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we provide are of the very best quality and extremely affordable. We provide a variety of containers for almost every possible application. 20ft container. From 6ft, a container can be utilized for motor bike or garden storage all the way to 45ft monsters which might even be modified into a pool, the limit is just your imagination.
With our vast range of sizes you can likewise choose the colour and level of use from brand name new, one trip or under ten years utilized. Together with our ‘simply a container’ service we provide a bespoke and customised choice for all of our containers. You can simply choose the colour, choose a specific colour of your choice or perhaps work with our imaginative group to develop a truly bespoke construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469