Used or new shipping containers for sale Glasgow
3J SERVICES LTD providers of Glasgow Containers...
Why choose 3J for Glasgow shipping containers for sale - City of Glasgow, Scotland
Glasgow Portable Office Cabins, Scotland Modular Buildings and City of Glasgow Steel Containers modified to all sizes provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Glasgow, Townhead, Merchant City, Calton, St Enochs, Sighthill, Port Dundas, Blythswood New Town, Garnethill, Dennistoun, Camlachie, Gallowgate, Germiston, Barrowfield, Hamiltonhill, Kingston plus surrounding City of Glasgow areas.
Storage Container, Shipping Container Glasgow, Modified Container, second hand and new with the options of High Cube, Refrigerated, Extra doors, Roller Shutter, Chemical Store, Loading, Unloading, Scotland Delivery and so much more – with Glasgow Cost-Saving Prices. Just get in touch for details, availabilities and a cost-saving Glasgow quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, quick to respond to queries and dropped-off in 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Glasgow Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Glasgow Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life as very big packing boxes for a wide range of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Glasgow containers are robust and hard-wearing because they are designed to deal with severe weather conditions when at the same time carrying large and heavy cargo all around the world, this ideally makes them a perfect fit not only for shipping but for domestic storage or as a base for a unique container project. These steel containers are made available as new or used units and 3J have large stocks currently available in Glasgow and Scotland.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Glasgow and Scotland
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Glasgow and Scotland. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used Scotland shipping container mean?
Used containers in Glasgow have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services provide brand new and second hand Glasgow storage containers for sale and converted containers across Glasgow, City of Glasgow, Scotland and the UK. Our containers are perfect for Scotland domestic or Glasgow commercial storage, portable accommodation, site office, canteen, toilet block, construction site cabins, Scotland shower block, Glasgow smoking shelter and a lot more. Our containers are Hard wearing, Weather-proof, Secure, New or Used, can suit a variety of budgets, Readily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Glasgow and Scotland
The new container has been manufactured (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, it has then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Glasgow and Scotland
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Glasgow – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Glasgow containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Glasgow – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Glasgow – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Glasgow – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Glasgow – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Glasgow – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Glasgow – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
40 years of Glasgow Container Experience
We have over 4 decades of experience in supplying Glasgow containers for a wide range of uses, from moving premises to exclusive, intricate container modifications and structures. They can be fabricated to virtually any size and custom built to match your specific needs.
3J Services give you expert advice, take care of your City of Glasgow storage needs, helping you along the sales process and making sure that your container delivery is completed effectively by one of our City of Glasgow haulage professionals. Most of the time, our containers are brought to you using a Hi-Ab truck which also off-loads your Glasgow container.
Contact us now on 0330 321 3380 and get a competitive Glasgow quote or fill-in our quick enquiry online form to find out more
Glasgow, Townhead, Merchant City, Calton, St Enochs, Sighthill, Port Dundas, Blythswood New Town, Garnethill, Dennistoun, Camlachie, Gallowgate, Germiston, Barrowfield, Hamiltonhill, Kingston, City of Glasgow, Scotland
Helpful insights into Glasgow Buy Shipping Container
82 ft) The most common containers used in the building and construction of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The basic response is yes. There are numerous examples of container homes all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated response is, it depends where you live! Similar to any new building and construction you need to always contact your regional preparation authority prior to committing yourself or investing too much cash.
If for instance you reside in an area of impressive natural appeal or all your houses around you are conventional stone homes and so on you’ll likely find that the organizers will not be extremely receptive towards the concept of a house constructed of big steel boxes. metal containers for sale. You’re container house will also need to show that you comply with fire regulations and other structure control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re an inexpensive technique of constructing a house as the expense of buying a container is extremely reasonable. Nevertheless, just like anything there is an element of you get what you spend for! – numerous older containers will have had a difficult life and might well be twisted or bent.
Helpful insights into Glasgow Buy Shipping Container
No Rust – new containers will have a great coat of fresh paint and need to be rust free. – if you’re utilizing numerous shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however previously owned 40′ containers can be chosen up from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price distinction can soar to over 10,000 extremely rapidly. – there are lots of business who can sell you previously owned containers at extremely brief notice from regional stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, eliminated a few doors and windows, weld them together and you’re done, ideal Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a great deal of its strength and rigidness, and you’re going to need to cut a great deal of big holes unless you desire all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any extra windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to need to strengthen the entire container in order to replace the lost rigidness. metal containers for sale. This means you’ll require to include a lot more steel to your container and that’ll need the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to think about is condensation.
Finding out about Shipping Container For Sale pricing in Glasgow and City of Glasgow
Despite whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation actually needs to be touching all the irregular contours of the steel, otherwise the condensation danger increases within the voids that are left. You’ll also require to install a great vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent moisture entering contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might cause rust to the steel and reduce the efficiency of your insulation. In my opinion the finest method to insulate a container homes is to use among the closed cell spray foam insulations readily available. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a concern for personal taste. But in any case it needs to be done carefully and correctly if you wish to avoid rust problems in the future. Cheaper I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container homes can in theory be less expensive than conventional building and construction.
3 methods for getting a Glasgow Shipping Container For Sale
– re-using old containers seems like a terrific method of re-cycling. But the fact stays that shipping containers are method over engineered to be a home. So you end up eliminating and discarding a great deal of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to replace the structural integrity.
– containers are extremely long lasting as they’re developed for use at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a few days. But just after lengthy engineers reports and reinforce works and so on have actually been performed. Schedule – containers are relatively numerous and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat extremely rapidly, so in hot climates they can get too hot and in cold climates they can be extremely cold. You might need to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and replace the plywood floor. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Implying you’ll probably need to get an engineer’s report for your regional authorities. Particularly if you intend to stack them more than one high.
While I was initially drawn to the concept of container homes being a terrific method to recycle containers by turning them into homes. The more I investigated it the less convinced I was that they’re as green as we like to imagine. I think by the time you get all your engineers reports and bring out all the essential enhancing works and create a great jointing detail to join the containers I ‘d be surprised if they’re much less expensive than a conventional house on the exact same size.
But as a means of offering a roof over your head, they’re absolutely compromised and while I applaud anyone who takes one on and prospers, and numerous have, I do not believe they’re for me. Container Residences.
We do not transform old shipping containers for people to reside in. We produce brand name new container homes to a guaranteed build standard, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is developed, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that might have weakened its structural integrity.
Our container housing systems are purpose built and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a solid steel, sealed floor. The underside of a typical shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building and construction, so that the centre of the roofing system is a little raised to permit rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have a choice of no fewer than 197 colours, offering an exceptional surface that you can change or retouch later with ordinary paint. The UV values of a MAC container home are normally as excellent or much better than a physicals equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From outside paint colours to window placement to wallpaper. We can decorate your home, just the method you like it. We can adjust your home for availability for the convenience and benefit of elderly or handicapped people. We can aid with every aspect of your container housing requirements.
We deliver your new container house prepared to reside in, with all your choices of surface and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we provide are of the finest quality and extremely inexpensive. We provide a variety of containers for almost every possible application. metal containers for sale. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft monsters which might even be customized into a pool, the limitation is just your imagination.
With our large variety of sizes you can also choose the colour and level of use from brand name new, one trip or under ten years used. Together with our ‘just a container’ service we offer a bespoke and personalized option for all of our containers. You can just choose the colour, choose a particular colour of your choice or even deal with our imaginative group to build a really custom building and construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469