Used or new shipping containers for sale Manchester
3J SERVICES LTD providers of Manchester Containers...
Choosing the best Shipping Containers for sale in Manchester - Greater Manchester, North West
Manchester Portable Office Cabins, North West Modular Buildings and Greater Manchester Steel Containers made to any size provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Manchester, Ancoats, Hulme, University, St Georges, Brunswick, Ordsall, Strangeways, Ardwick, Moss Side, Cheetham Hill, Wallness, New Windsor, Infirmary, Lower Broughton, Collyhurst and surrounding Greater Manchester areas.
Storage Container, Shipping Container Manchester, Container offices, second hand and new with the options of Side Access, Grafo-therm, Extra doors, Repainting, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, North West Delivery and so much more – all at Manchester Great Prices. Just ask for more info, availabilities and a quick quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, rapid to respond to queries and delivered with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Manchester Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Manchester Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers start their life as enormous packing boxes for a wide range of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Manchester containers are hard-wearing because they are designed to withstand very challenging and severe weather conditions when at the same time carrying large and heavy cargo around the world, this truly makes them ideal not only for shipping but also for domestic storage or as a base for a custom container project. Steel containers are available from 3J Services as new or used units and we have large volumes of stocks currently available in Manchester and North West.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Manchester and North West
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Manchester and North West. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used North West shipping container mean?
Used containers in Manchester have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services deliver new and second hand Manchester shipping containers for sale and converted containers throughout Manchester, Greater Manchester, North West & the United Kingdom. They are ideal for North West domestic or Manchester commercial storage, portable accommodation, site office, mess room, toilet block, chemical storage, North West welfare units, Manchester farm storage and a lot more. 3J Services containers are Hard wearing, Weather-proof, Highly secure, New or Second hand, can suit a full range of budgets, Readily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Manchester and North West
The new container has been manufactured and built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, and then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it started its journey around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Manchester and North West
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Manchester – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Manchester containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Manchester – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Manchester – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Manchester – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Manchester – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Manchester – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Manchester – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
40 years of Manchester Container Experience
3J have over 40 years experience in supplying Manchester containers for a wide variety of uses, from moving premises to high-end, complex container modifications and structures. They can be made to almost any size and can be custom built to match your needs.
We offer you expert advice, take care of your Greater Manchester storage requirements, leading you throughout the sales process and ensuring that your North West delivery is done effectively through one of our Greater Manchester haulage specialists. Most of the time, our containers are brought to you using a Hi-Ab vehicle which also off-loads your Manchester container.
Call us today on 0330 321 3380 and get a competitive Manchester quotation or use our quick enquiry form and get more info
Manchester, Ancoats, Hulme, University, St Georges, Brunswick, Ordsall, Strangeways, Ardwick, Moss Side, Cheetham Hill, Wallness, New Windsor, Infirmary, Lower Broughton, Collyhurst, Greater Manchester, North West
Real insights into Manchester Buy Shipping Container
82 feet) The most common containers utilized in the building of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The simple response is yes. There are numerous examples of container homes all over the world. Nevertheless the more complex response is, it depends where you live! Similar to any brand-new building you should constantly contact your local preparation authority prior to devoting yourself or investing too much money.
If for example you live in an area of exceptional natural charm or all the homes around you are standard stone homes etc. you’ll likely discover that the coordinators won’t be very responsive towards the concept of a house constructed out of huge steel boxes. shipping container homes. You’re container house will also have to show that you comply with fire regulations and other building control requirements.
It’s presumed that they’re a low-cost approach of constructing a house as the expense of purchasing a container is very sensible. Nevertheless, just like anything there is an element of you get what you spend for! – many older containers will have had a difficult life and may well be twisted or bent.
Real insights into Manchester Buy Shipping Container
No Rust – brand-new containers will have an excellent coat of fresh paint and should be rust free. – if you’re using numerous shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and brand-new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however previously owned 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price distinction can soar to over 10,000 very quickly. – there are lots of companies who can offer you previously owned containers at very brief notice from local stock so you could have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a couple of containers stack them up, eliminated a couple of doors and windows, bonded them together and you’re done, right Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to have to cut a lot of huge holes unless you desire all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) with no additional windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to enhance the whole container in order to replace the lost rigidity. shipping container homes. This means you’ll require to include much more steel to your container which’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to consider is condensation.
Finding out about Shipping Container Office pricing in Manchester and Greater Manchester
Regardless of whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation really requires to be touching all the irregular contours of the steel, otherwise the condensation danger increases within deep spaces that are left. You’ll also require to set up an excellent vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent wetness entering contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which could trigger rust to the steel and reduce the efficiency of your insulation. In my opinion the very best method to insulate a container homes is to utilize among the closed cell spray foam insulations offered. My thinking for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air spaces for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a question for personal taste. But either method it requires to be done carefully and correctly if you wish to avoid rust issues in the future. More affordable I’m on the fence with the one. Building container homes can in theory be less expensive than standard building.
3 methods for finding a Manchester Storage Containers Near Me
– re-using old containers seems like an excellent method of re-cycling. But the reality remains that shipping containers are method over crafted to be a home. So you wind up eliminating and throwing away a lot of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to replace the structural integrity.
– containers are very long lasting as they’re created for usage at sea. the structure of your house could be up in a couple of days. But only after lengthy engineers reports and strengthen works etc. have been performed. Schedule – containers are fairly plentiful and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat very quickly, so in hot climates they can get too hot and in cold climates they can be very cold. You may have to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and replace the plywood floor. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Suggesting you’ll probably have to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Specifically if you mean to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the concept of container houses being an excellent method to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I researched it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to envision. I believe by the time you get all your engineers reports and perform all the needed enhancing works and create an excellent jointing information to join the containers I ‘d be amazed if they’re more affordable than a standard house on the exact same size.
But as a means of offering a roof over your head, they’re certainly jeopardized and while I applaud anybody who takes one on and is successful, and many have, I don’t believe they’re for me. Container Homes.
We do not transform old shipping containers for individuals to live in. We produce brand brand-new container houses to a guaranteed develop standard, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is created, from the ground up, to be a home, unblemished by seawater or contents that could have undermined its structural integrity.
Our container housing systems are purpose developed and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building, so that the centre of the roofing system is somewhat raised to permit rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no less than 197 colours, offering an outstanding finish that you can alter or touch up later with regular paint. The UV values of a MAC container home are usually as good or much better than a bricks and mortar equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can decorate your home, simply the method you like it. We can adjust your home for availability for the comfort and benefit of elderly or disabled individuals. We can assist with every aspect of your container housing requirements.
We provide your brand-new container house all set to live in, with all your choices of finish and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the very best quality and highly inexpensive. We supply a range of containers for practically every possible application. shipping container homes. From 6ft, a container can be utilized for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft monsters which could even be modified into a pool, the limitation is only your creativity.
With our vast variety of sizes you can also choose the colour and level of usage from brand brand-new, one trip or under 10 years utilized. In addition to our ‘simply a container’ service we provide a bespoke and customised alternative for all of our containers. You can just choose the colour, choose a specific colour of your option and even deal with our imaginative team to develop a truly custom building.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469