New or used shipping containers for sale Newcastle upon Tyne
3J SERVICES LTD supplying Newcastle upon Tyne Containers...
Why choose 3J for Newcastle upon Tyne shipping containers for sale - Tyne & Wear, North East
Newcastle upon Tyne Portable Office Cabins, North East Modular Buildings and Tyne & Wear Steel Containers modified to all sizes provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Newcastle upon Tyne, Shieldfield, Town Moor, Brandling Village, Battle Field, Jesmond, Spital Tongues, Arthurs Hill, Heaton, West Jesmond, Gateshead, Byker, St Lawrence, East Gateshead, Dukes Moor, St Peters and surrounding Tyne & Wear areas.
North East Container, Shipping Container Newcastle upon Tyne, Modified Container, second hand and new with the options of Side Access, Refrigerated, Tunnel, Repainting, Chemical Store, Loading, Unloading, North East Delivery and a lot more – all at Newcastle upon Tyne Cost-Saving Prices. Get in touch for details, availabilities and a hassle-free quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, fast to respond to queries and dropped-off in 4days. Would use again."
Great service..."Great service I have had two 20ft's delivered..."
More Types of Newcastle upon Tyne Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Newcastle upon Tyne Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life as very big packing boxes for a diverse range of goods that eventually reach our shores. The Newcastle upon Tyne containers are robust and hard-wearing because they are designed to stand-up to extreme weather conditions whilst carrying heavy cargo all around the world, this ideally makes them a perfect fit not only for shipping but for domestic storage or as a base for a custom container project. These steel containers are available from 3J Services as new or used units and we have volumes of stocks currently available in Newcastle upon Tyne and North East.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Newcastle upon Tyne and North East
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Newcastle upon Tyne and North East. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used North East shipping container mean?
Used containers in Newcastle upon Tyne have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services deliver brand new and second-hand Newcastle upon Tyne steel containers for sale and converted containers through Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, North East and the UK. These are ideal for North East domestic or Newcastle upon Tyne commercial storage, portable building, portable office, mess room, security hut, construction site cabins, North East shower block, Newcastle upon Tyne smoking shelter and much more. 3J Services containers are Hard wearing, withstand all types of weather, Secure, New or Second hand, available to be a good fit for a variety of budgets, Readily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Newcastle upon Tyne and North East
The new container has been built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, and then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Newcastle upon Tyne and North East
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Newcastle upon Tyne – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Newcastle upon Tyne containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Newcastle upon Tyne – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Newcastle upon Tyne – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Newcastle upon Tyne – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Newcastle upon Tyne – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Newcastle upon Tyne – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Newcastle upon Tyne – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
40 years of Newcastle upon Tyne Container Experience
3J have over 40 years experience in providing Newcastle upon Tyne containers for a wide variety of requirements, from moving premises to high-end, intricate container customisations and structures. They can be fabricated to virtually any size and custom built to suit your specific needs.
3J Services offer you expert advice, taking care of your Tyne & Wear storing needs, helping you along the sales process and making sure that your delivery is completed effectively by one of our Tyne & Wear haulage professionals. Most of the time, our containers are delivered using a Hi-Ab vehicle which also off-loads your Newcastle upon Tyne container.
Contact us today on 0330 321 3380 for a cost-effective Newcastle upon Tyne quotation or use our quick enquiry online form and find out more
Newcastle upon Tyne, Shieldfield, Town Moor, Brandling Village, Battle Field, Jesmond, Spital Tongues, Arthurs Hill, Heaton, West Jesmond, Gateshead, Byker, St Lawrence, East Gateshead, Dukes Moor, St Peters, Tyne & Wear, North East
Helpful insights into Newcastle upon Tyne Buy Shipping Container
82 feet) The most common containers utilized in the building and construction of container houses are the 40 foot containers. The basic answer is yes. There are various examples of container houses all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated answer is, it depends where you live! Similar to any new building and construction you ought to constantly call your local preparation authority prior to devoting yourself or investing excessive cash.
If for instance you reside in an area of exceptional natural appeal or all the houses around you are traditional stone cottages and so on you’ll likely find that the coordinators won’t be very responsive towards the idea of a house made out of big steel boxes. shipping container office. You’re container house will likewise need to reveal that you comply with fire policies and other structure control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re an inexpensive technique of building a house as the expense of purchasing a container is very reasonable. Nevertheless, as with anything there is an aspect of you get what you spend for! – lots of older containers will have had a tough life and may well be twisted or bent.
Helpful insights into Newcastle upon Tyne Buy Shipping Container
No Rust – new containers will have an excellent coat of fresh paint and ought to be rust free. – if you’re using several shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 but pre-owned 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price distinction can soar to over 10,000 very rapidly. – there are lots of companies who can sell you pre-owned containers at very brief notice from local stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, eliminated a few windows and doors, bonded them together and you’re done, best Not quite! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a great deal of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to need to cut a great deal of big holes unless you desire all your spaces to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any additional windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to need to enhance the whole container in order to replace the lost rigidity. shipping container office. This suggests you’ll require to add much more steel to your container which’ll need the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to think about is condensation.
Finding out about 40ft Container pricing in Newcastle upon Tyne and Tyne & Wear
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation really requires to be touching all the irregular shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation danger increases within deep spaces that are left. You’ll likewise require to install an excellent vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent wetness entering contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might trigger rust to the steel and reduce the effectiveness of your insulation. In my viewpoint the best method to insulate a container houses is to utilize among the closed cell spray foam insulations offered. My thinking for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a concern for personal taste. However either method it requires to be done carefully and properly if you wish to avoid rust issues in the future. Less expensive I’m on the fence with the one. Building container houses can in theory be more affordable than traditional building and construction.
5 methods for getting a Newcastle upon Tyne Container For Sale
– re-using old containers seems like a terrific method of re-cycling. However the fact stays that shipping containers are method over engineered to be a home. So you end up cutting out and getting rid of a great deal of steel to then add a lot more steel in order to replace the structural integrity.
– containers are very long lasting as they’re created for usage at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a few days. However only after lengthy engineers reports and strengthen works and so on have been performed. Accessibility – containers are relatively abundant and easy to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat very rapidly, so in hot environments they can overheat and in cold environments they can be very cold. You may need to sandblast them to get rid of the paints and replace the plywood flooring. – as quickly as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Implying you’ll most likely need to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Particularly if you plan to stack them more than one high.
While I was initially drawn to the idea of container houses being a terrific method to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I investigated it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to picture. I presume by the time you get all your engineers reports and carry out all the required reinforcing works and design an excellent jointing information to sign up with the containers I ‘d be astonished if they’re more affordable than a traditional house on the exact same size.
However as a means of supplying a roof over your head, they’re definitely jeopardized and while I applaud anyone who takes one on and prospers, and lots of have, I do not believe they’re for me. Container Houses.
We do not convert old shipping containers for individuals to reside in. We produce brand name new container houses to a guaranteed develop standard, backed by a 10-year structural guarantee. Your home is created, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that might have weakened its structural integrity.
Our container real estate units are function developed and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a solid steel, sealed flooring. The underside of a typical shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roof of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building and construction, so that the centre of the roof is slightly raised to permit for rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container houses are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have a choice of no less than 197 colours, supplying an exceptional surface that you can alter or touch up later with regular paint. The UV values of a MAC container home are typically as good or much better than a physicals equivalent.
We can likewise soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, just the method you like it. We can adapt your home for availability for the comfort and benefit of senior or disabled individuals. We can assist with every element of your container real estate needs.
We deliver your new container house ready to reside in, with all your choices of surface and layout fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we provide are of the best quality and extremely inexpensive. We provide a variety of containers for almost every possible application. shipping container office. From 6ft, a container can be utilized for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft beasts which might even be customized into a pool, the limitation is only your imagination.
With our large series of sizes you can likewise choose the colour and level of usage from brand name new, one journey or under 10 years utilized. Along with our ‘just a container’ service we provide a bespoke and customised alternative for all of our containers. You can merely choose the colour, choose a specific colour of your option and even deal with our imaginative team to develop a genuinely bespoke building and construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469