New or used shipping containers for sale Portsmouth
3J SERVICES LTD providers of Portsmouth Containers...
Choosing the best Portsmouth shipping containers for sale - Hampshire, South East
Portsmouth Portable Office Cabins, South East Modular Buildings and Hampshire Steel Containers modified to any size provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Portsmouth, Somers Town, Portsea, Fratton, Landport, Old Portsmouth, Southsea, Kingston, Portsea Island, Buckland, Milton, Gosport, Whale Island, North End, Stamshaw, Seafield plus surrounding Hampshire areas.
South East Container, Steel Container Portsmouth, Modified Container, second hand and new with the options of Side Access, Refrigerated, Tunnel, Repainting, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, South East Delivery and a lot more – with Portsmouth Great Prices. Just get in touch for details, available deliveries and a quick quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, rapid to respond to queries and delivered with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Portsmouth Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Portsmouth Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers start their life as very large packing boxes for a wide range of goods that eventually reach our shores. The Portsmouth containers are robust because they are made to withstand very challenging and severe weather conditions when at the same time carrying heavy cargo around the world, this truly makes them a perfect fit not only for shipping but for home and business storage or as a base for a modified container project. These steel containers are made available as new or used units and we have great numbers of stocks currently available in Portsmouth and South East.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Portsmouth and South East
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Portsmouth and South East. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used South East shipping container mean?
Used containers in Portsmouth have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
3J Services deliver brand new and second hand Portsmouth steel containers for sale and converted containers throughout Portsmouth, Hampshire, South East and the UK. They are perfect for South East domestic or Portsmouth commercial storage, portable accommodation, portable office, dry room, toilet block, chemical storage, South East welfare units, Portsmouth farm storage and so much more. 3J Services containers are Hard wearing, withstand all types of weather, Highly secure, New or Second hand, can suit a full range of budgets, Readily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Portsmouth and South East
The new container has been manufactured and built (most likely in China) and filled with cargo, and then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Portsmouth and South East
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Portsmouth – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Portsmouth containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Portsmouth – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Portsmouth – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Portsmouth – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Portsmouth – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Portsmouth – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Portsmouth – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Portsmouth Shipping Container Experience
We have over 40yrs experience in providing Portsmouth containers for a vast range of uses, from moving premises to high-end, intricate container modifications and structures. They can be fabricated to virtually any size and can be custom built to meet your individual needs.
3J Services offer you expert advice, take care of your Hampshire storage requirements, helping you throughout the sales process and guaranteeing that your South East delivery is completed effectively by one of our Hampshire haulage professionals. Most of the time, our containers are delivered using a Hi-Ab vehicle which also off-loads your Portsmouth container.
Call us now on 0330 321 3380 for a competitive Portsmouth quote or fill-in our quick enquiry online form and find out more
Real insights into Portsmouth Modified Containers For Sale
82 feet) The most common containers utilized in the construction of container houses are the 40 foot containers. The simple response is yes. There are many examples of container houses all over the world. However the more complex response is, it depends where you live! Just like any brand-new construction you ought to constantly call your regional preparation authority prior to committing yourself or investing excessive cash.
If for example you live in an area of outstanding natural beauty or all the houses around you are traditional stone homes and so on you’ll likely discover that the planners will not be really receptive towards the idea of a house made out of huge steel boxes. modified containers for sale. You’re container house will also have to show that you adhere to fire policies and other building control requirements.
It’s presumed that they’re a low-cost technique of building a house as the expense of purchasing a container is really reasonable. However, similar to anything there is an element of you get what you spend for! – many older containers will have had a hard life and might well be twisted or bent.
Real insights into Portsmouth Modified Containers For Sale
No Rust – brand-new containers will have a good coat of fresh paint and ought to be rust totally free. – if you’re utilizing several shipping containers you’ll want them to line up completely and brand-new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however previously owned 40′ containers can be picked up from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price distinction can shoot up to over 10,000 really rapidly. – there are lots of companies who can sell you previously owned containers at really brief notification from regional stock so you could have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, cut out a few doors and windows, bonded them together and you’re done, right Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to have to cut a lot of huge holes unless you want all your spaces to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) with no extra windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to strengthen the whole container in order to replace the lost rigidity. modified containers for sale. This implies you’ll require to include a lot more steel to your container which’ll need the services of a structural engineer, if you want to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to consider is condensation.
Finding out about Buy Shipping Container pricing in Portsmouth and Hampshire
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation truly needs to be touching all the irregular shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation risk increases within the spaces that are left. You’ll also require to install a good vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to avoid moisture entering contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which could cause rust to the steel and lower the efficiency of your insulation. In my opinion the best way to insulate a container houses is to use one of the closed cell spray foam insulations available. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface of the ribbed steel walls/roof significance there are no air spaces for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a question for personal taste. But either way it needs to be done carefully and correctly if you want to prevent rust problems in the future. Less expensive I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container houses can in theory be less expensive than traditional construction.
7 methods for finding a Portsmouth Shipping Container to Buy
– re-using old containers sounds like an excellent way of re-cycling. But the reality remains that shipping containers are way over engineered to be a home. So you end up cutting out and discarding a lot of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to replace the structural integrity.
– containers are really durable as they’re created for usage at sea. the structure of your house could be up in a few days. But only after lengthy engineers reports and reinforce works and so on have actually been brought out. Schedule – containers are reasonably numerous and easy to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat really rapidly, so in hot environments they can overheat and in cold environments they can be really cold. You might have to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and replace the plywood floor. – as soon as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Implying you’ll probably have to get an engineer’s report for your regional authorities. Especially if you plan to stack them more than one high.
While I was initially drawn to the idea of container homes being an excellent way to recycle containers by turning them into homes. The more I researched it the less convinced I was that they’re as green as we like to imagine. I suspect by the time you get all your engineers reports and perform all the essential reinforcing works and design a good jointing detail to join the containers I ‘d be surprised if they’re much less expensive than a conventional house on the very same size.
But as a method of providing a roofing over your head, they’re definitely jeopardized and while I praise anybody who takes one on and is successful, and many have, I don’t think they’re for me. Container Residences.
We do not transform old shipping containers for individuals to live in. We produce brand brand-new container homes to a guaranteed develop standard, backed by a 10-year structural guarantee. Your home is created, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that could have weakened its structural integrity.
Our container real estate systems are purpose developed and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed floor. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed construction, so that the centre of the roofing is somewhat raised to permit rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container houses are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have a choice of no fewer than 197 colours, providing an outstanding surface that you can alter or retouch later with regular paint. The UV values of a MAC container home are usually as great or better than a traditionals equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From exterior paint colours to window positioning to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, just the way you like it. We can adjust your home for availability for the comfort and benefit of elderly or handicapped individuals. We can assist with every aspect of your container real estate requirements.
We provide your brand-new container house ready to live in, with all your options of surface and design fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the best quality and extremely inexpensive. We supply a series of containers for practically every possible application. modified containers for sale. From 6ft, a container can be utilized for motor bike or garden storage all the way to 45ft monsters which could even be customized into a pool, the limit is only your creativity.
With our vast series of sizes you can also choose the colour and level of usage from brand brand-new, one trip or under ten years utilized. Together with our ‘just a container’ service we offer a bespoke and personalized choice for all of our containers. You can merely choose the colour, choose a specific colour of your option or perhaps deal with our creative group to develop a truly custom construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469