New or used shipping containers for sale Stoke-on-Trent
3J SERVICES LTD providers of Stoke-on-Trent Containers...
Why choose 3J for Stoke-on-Trent shipping containers for sale - Staffordshire, West Midlands
Stoke-on-Trent Portable Office Cabins, West Midlands Modular Buildings and Staffordshire Containers modified to any size provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Stoke-on-Trent, Hanley, The Potteries, Joiners Square, Northwood, Shelton, Etruria, Berry Hill, Cobridge, Cliff Vale, Birches Head, Bucknall, Fenton Low, Sneyd Green, Stoke-upon-Trent, Townsend plus all surrounding Staffordshire areas.
Storage Container, Steel Container Stoke-on-Trent, Container offices, new and used with choices of High Cube, Refrigerated, Extra doors, Repainting, Chemical Store, Loading, Unloading, West Midlands Delivery and so much more – all at Stoke-on-Trent Great Prices. Just get in touch for more info, availabilities and a cost-saving Stoke-on-Trent quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, quick to respond to queries and delivered with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Stoke-on-Trent Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Stoke-on-Trent Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life as very large packing boxes for a variety of goods that eventually reach our shores. The Stoke-on-Trent containers are robust because they are specifically designed to deal with severe weather conditions when at the same time carrying bulky and heavy cargo all around the world, this truly makes them ideal not only for shipping but also for home and business storage or as a a start point for a modified container project. These steel containers are available as new or used units and 3J have great numbers of stocks currently available in Stoke-on-Trent and West Midlands.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Stoke-on-Trent and West Midlands
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Stoke-on-Trent and West Midlands. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used West Midlands shipping container mean?
Used containers in Stoke-on-Trent have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
We deliver new and second-hand Stoke-on-Trent storage containers for sale and converted containers across Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, West Midlands & the UK. Our containers are great for West Midlands domestic or Stoke-on-Trent commercial storage, portable accommodation, portable office, dry room, portable toilet, construction site cabins, West Midlands portable kitchen, Stoke-on-Trent modular buildings and so much more. Our containers are proven to be Hard wearing, withstand all types of weather, Secure, New or Used, can be a good fit for a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Stoke-on-Trent and West Midlands
The new container has been manufactured and built (most likely in China) and filled with cargo, it has then been loaded on to a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Stoke-on-Trent and West Midlands
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Stoke-on-Trent – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Stoke-on-Trent containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Stoke-on-Trent – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Stoke-on-Trent – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Stoke-on-Trent – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Stoke-on-Trent – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Stoke-on-Trent – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Stoke-on-Trent – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
40 years of Stoke-on-Trent Shipping Container Experience
3J have over 40 years experience in supplying Stoke-on-Trent containers for a wide range of uses, from moving home to high-end, in-depth container modifications and structures. These can be remanufactured to any size and can be custom built to suit your individual needs.
The team at 3J give you expert advice, taking care of your Staffordshire storing needs, guiding you along the sales process and guaranteeing that your container delivery is done efficiently by one of our Staffordshire haulage specialists. Typically, our containers are delivered using a Hiab vehicle which also off-loads your Stoke-on-Trent container.
Contact us today on 0330 321 3380 for a cost-effective Stoke-on-Trent quotation or use our quick enquiry online form to get to know more
Stoke-on-Trent, Hanley, The Potteries, Joiners Square, Northwood, Shelton, Etruria, Berry Hill, Cobridge, Cliff Vale, Birches Head, Bucknall, Fenton Low, Sneyd Green, Stoke-upon-Trent, Townsend, Staffordshire, West Midlands
Helpful insights into Stoke-on-Trent Storage Containers Near Me
82 ft) The most common containers used in the building of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The easy response is yes. There are many examples of container homes all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated response is, it depends where you live! Just like any new building you need to constantly call your local planning authority prior to devoting yourself or investing excessive money.
If for example you reside in an area of exceptional natural appeal or all your houses around you are traditional stone homes and so on you’ll likely discover that the planners won’t be extremely receptive towards the concept of a house made out of huge steel boxes. 40ft container. You’re container house will likewise have to show that you adhere to fire regulations and other building control requirements.
It’s presumed that they’re a cheap approach of constructing a house as the cost of purchasing a container is extremely affordable. Nevertheless, just like anything there is an aspect of you get what you spend for! – numerous older containers will have had a tough life and may well be twisted or bent.
Helpful insights into Stoke-on-Trent Storage Containers Near Me
No Rust – new containers will have an excellent coat of fresh paint and need to be rust totally free. – if you’re utilizing numerous shipping containers you’ll want them to line up perfectly and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 but second hand 40′ containers can be picked up from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price distinction can soar to over 10,000 extremely rapidly. – there are lots of companies who can offer you second hand containers at extremely short notice from local stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, cut out a few windows and doors, bonded them together and you’re done, right Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidness, and you’re going to have to cut a lot of huge holes unless you want all your spaces to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any extra windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to reinforce the entire container in order to change the lost rigidness. 40ft container. This indicates you’ll require to add even more steel to your container and that’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to consider is condensation.
Finding out about Metal Containers For Sale pricing in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation really requires to be touching all the unequal contours of the steel, otherwise the condensation risk increases within deep spaces that are left. You’ll likewise require to set up an excellent vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to prevent moisture entering contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might cause rust to the steel and decrease the effectiveness of your insulation. In my viewpoint the finest way to insulate a container homes is to use among the closed cell spray foam insulations readily available. My thinking for this is the spray foam will bond to the unequal surface area of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you pick to insulate internally or externally is a question for personal taste. But in either case it requires to be done carefully and correctly if you wish to avoid rust issues in the future. Less expensive I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container homes can in theory be cheaper than traditional building.
7 methods for getting a Stoke-on-Trent 20ft Container
– re-using old containers sounds like a terrific way of re-cycling. But the reality remains that shipping containers are way over crafted to be a home. So you end up cutting out and tossing away a lot of steel to then add a lot more steel in order to change the structural integrity.
– containers are extremely durable as they’re created for use at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a few days. But just after prolonged engineers reports and enhance works and so on have been performed. Accessibility – containers are reasonably plentiful and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll move heat extremely rapidly, so in hot environments they can overheat and in cold environments they can be extremely cold. You may have to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and change the plywood flooring. – as soon as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural integrity. Meaning you’ll most likely have to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Particularly if you intend to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the concept of container houses being a terrific way to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I investigated it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to envision. I suspect by the time you get all your engineers reports and perform all the needed strengthening works and develop an excellent jointing information to join the containers I ‘d be impressed if they’re much cheaper than a conventional house on the very same size.
But as a way of providing a roofing system over your head, they’re certainly compromised and while I praise anyone who takes one on and prospers, and numerous have, I don’t think they’re for me. Container Residences.
We do not transform old shipping containers for individuals to reside in. We produce brand new container houses to a guaranteed develop standard, backed by a 10-year structural warranty. Your home is created, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that might have weakened its structural integrity.
Our container housing units are purpose constructed and not transformed shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a strong steel, sealed flooring. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roof of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed building, so that the centre of the roof is somewhat raised to enable for rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no fewer than 197 colours, providing an outstanding finish that you can change or touch up later with common paint. The UV values of a MAC container home are generally as great or much better than a bricks and mortar equivalent.
We can likewise soundproof your container house. From outside paint colours to window placement to wallpaper. We can decorate your home, just the way you like it. We can adjust your home for ease of access for the comfort and convenience of elderly or handicapped individuals. We can assist with every element of your container housing requirements.
We deliver your new container house all set to reside in, with all your options of finish and design fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we provide are of the finest quality and highly cost effective. We provide a range of containers for almost every possible application. 40ft container. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the way to 45ft monsters which might even be modified into a pool, the limitation is just your creativity.
With our vast series of sizes you can likewise pick the colour and level of use from brand new, one journey or under ten years used. Together with our ‘just a container’ service we offer a bespoke and customised alternative for all of our containers. You can just pick the colour, pick a specific colour of your option or perhaps deal with our imaginative group to develop a truly custom building.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469