New or used shipping containers for sale Taunton
3J SERVICES LTD supplying Taunton Containers...
Why choose 3J for Taunton shipping containers for sale - Somerset, South West
Taunton Portable Office Cabins, South West Modular Buildings and Somerset Containers made to all sizes provided. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Taunton, Cog, Cosmeston, Lower Penarth, Morristown, Murch, Penarth, Westra, Dinas Powis, Eastbrook, Saint Andras, Cogan, Llandochau, Michaelston-le-Pit, Penarth Flats, Penarth Moors plus surrounding Somerset areas.
Storage Container, Steel Container Taunton, Container offices, second hand and new with choices of Side Access, Refrigerated, Tunnel, Repainting, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, South West Delivery and a lot more – all at Taunton Cost-Saving Prices. Get in touch for details, available deliveries and a hassle-free quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, quick to respond to queries and delivered with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Taunton Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale48 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale35 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale24 Products
Tunnel Containers25 Products
Storage Containers25 Products
Small Containers20 Products
Side Loading Containers24 Products
Shipping Container Repairs5 Products
Shipping Container Accessories20 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale26 Products
Portable Office Cabins26 Products
Open Top Containers22 Products
New Containers for Sale49 Products
New 40ft Containers28 Products
New 20ft Containers37 Products
New 10ft Containers24 Products
Modified Containers83 Products
Medium Containers18 Products
Large Containers20 Products
High Cube Containers23 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers18 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets27 Products
Container Cabins & Offices31 Products
Case Studies19 Products
40ft Containers for Sale34 Products
20ft Containers for sale49 Products
10ft Containers for Sale31 Products
Taunton Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life as enormous packing boxes for a diverse range of goods that in due course reach our shores. The Taunton containers are robust and hard-wearing because they are specifically designed to withstand extreme weather conditions when at the same time carrying bulky and heavy cargo all around the world, this makes them a great fit not only for shipping but also for home and business storage or as a a start point for a custom container project. Steel containers are made available as new or used units and we have volumes of stocks currently available in Taunton and South West.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Taunton and South West
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Taunton and South West. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used South West shipping container mean?
Used containers in Taunton have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
We offer brand new and second hand Taunton metal containers for sale and modified containers across Taunton, Somerset, South West and the UK. They are perfect for South West domestic or Taunton commercial storage, portable building, site office, dry room, toilet block, chemical storage, South West shower block, Taunton smoking shelter and so much more. Our containers are Hard wearing, withstand all types of weather, Secure, New or Second hand, available to be a good fit for a full range of budgets, Readily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Taunton and South West
The new container has been built (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, and then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it started its journey around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Taunton and South West
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Taunton – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Taunton containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Taunton – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Taunton – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Taunton – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Taunton – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Taunton – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Taunton – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
40 years of Taunton Shipping Container Experience
3J Services have over 40 years experience in providing Taunton containers for a vast variety of applications, from moving home to exclusive, intricate container customisations and structures. These can be remanufactured to almost any size and built bespoke to meet your specific needs.
We give you professional expertise and advice, take care of your Somerset storing needs, guiding you along the sales process and ensuring that your South West delivery is done effectively by one of our Somerset haulage specialists. Most of the time, our containers are brought to you using a Hiab vehicle which also off-loads your Taunton container.
Call us now on 0330 321 3380 and get a money-saving Taunton quote or use our quick enquiry form to get to know more
Taunton, Cog, Cosmeston, Lower Penarth, Morristown, Murch, Penarth, Westra, Dinas Powis, Eastbrook, Saint Andras, Cogan, Llandochau, Michaelston-le-Pit, Penarth Flats, Penarth Moors, Somerset, South West
Real insights into Taunton Shipping Container For Sale
82 ft) The most common containers used in the construction of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The easy response is yes. There are many examples of container homes all over the world. Nevertheless the more complicated response is, it depends where you live! Similar to any new construction you ought to constantly contact your local planning authority prior to dedicating yourself or investing too much cash.
If for instance you live in an area of outstanding natural charm or all your houses around you are traditional stone homes etc. you’ll likely find that the coordinators won’t be really responsive towards the idea of a house constructed of huge steel boxes. container rental. You’re container house will also need to reveal that you adhere to fire regulations and other structure control requirements.
It’s assumed that they’re a low-cost approach of constructing a house as the expense of purchasing a container is really reasonable. Nevertheless, as with anything there is a component of you get what you spend for! – many older containers will have had a difficult life and may well be twisted or bent.
Real insights into Taunton Shipping Container For Sale
No Rust – new containers will have a good coat of fresh paint and ought to be rust free. – if you’re using a number of shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 but used 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price difference can shoot up to over 10,000 really quickly. – there are lots of companies who can sell you used containers at really brief notification from local stock so you might have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, cut out a few windows and doors, weld them together and you’re done, ideal Not rather! As quickly as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a great deal of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to need to cut a great deal of huge holes unless you desire all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any additional windows or doors. As quickly as you cut a hole, you’re going to need to enhance the whole container in order to replace the lost rigidity. container rental. This indicates you’ll require to include much more steel to your container and that’ll require the services of a structural engineer, if you desire to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to consider is condensation.
Finding out about Shipping Container For Sale pricing in Taunton and Somerset
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation really needs to be touching all the irregular shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation threat increases within the spaces that are left. You’ll also require to install a good vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to avoid wetness coming into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which might trigger rust to the steel and minimize the efficiency of your insulation. In my opinion the very best way to insulate a container homes is to use among the closed cell spray foam insulations readily available. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air spaces for condensation to form on.
Whether you choose to insulate internally or externally is a concern for personal taste. However either way it needs to be done thoroughly and properly if you desire to avoid rust issues in the future. More affordable I’m on the fence with the one. Building container homes can in theory be cheaper than traditional construction.
7 methods for finding a Taunton Shipping Container to Buy
– re-using old containers sounds like a great way of re-cycling. However the truth remains that shipping containers are way over engineered to be a home. So you end up cutting out and tossing away a great deal of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to replace the structural stability.
– containers are really long lasting as they’re designed for use at sea. the structure of your house might be up in a few days. However just after prolonged engineers reports and reinforce works etc. have been performed. Accessibility – containers are relatively abundant and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll transfer heat really quickly, so in hot climates they can get too hot and in cold climates they can be really cold. You may need to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and replace the plywood flooring. – as soon as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural stability. Suggesting you’ll probably need to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Particularly if you intend to stack them more than one high.
While I was at first drawn to the idea of container houses being a great way to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I investigated it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to think of. I presume by the time you get all your engineers reports and bring out all the necessary strengthening works and create a good jointing information to join the containers I ‘d be amazed if they’re more affordable than a traditional house on the very same size.
However as a way of providing a roofing over your head, they’re certainly jeopardized and while I applaud anybody who takes one on and prospers, and many have, I don’t believe they’re for me. Container Houses.
We do not transform old shipping containers for people to live in. We produce brand name new container houses to a guaranteed develop standard, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is designed, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that might have undermined its structural stability.
Our container housing systems are purpose developed and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a solid steel, sealed flooring. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed construction, so that the centre of the roofing system is somewhat raised to enable rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no less than 197 colours, providing an outstanding surface that you can change or touch up later on with ordinary paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are typically as good or better than a traditionals equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From outside paint colours to window placement to wallpaper. We can embellish your home, simply the way you like it. We can adapt your home for ease of access for the convenience and convenience of elderly or disabled people. We can assist with every aspect of your container housing needs.
We provide your new container house prepared to live in, with all your choices of surface and design fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the very best quality and highly budget friendly. We supply a variety of containers for nearly every possible application. container rental. From 6ft, a container can be used for motor bike or garden storage all the way to 45ft beasts which might even be customized into a swimming pool, the limit is just your imagination.
With our huge variety of sizes you can also choose the colour and level of use from brand name new, one journey or under ten years used. Along with our ‘simply a container’ service we offer a bespoke and personalized choice for all of our containers. You can just choose the colour, choose a particular colour of your choice or perhaps work with our creative team to develop a truly custom construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 321 3380