Used or new shipping containers for sale Taunton
3J SERVICES LTD supplying Taunton Containers...
Why choose 3J for Shipping Containers for sale in Taunton - Somerset, South West
Taunton Portable Office Cabins, South West Modular Buildings and Somerset Containers fabricated to any size can be ordered. Container Site Works, Repairs and Modifications Undertaken covering Taunton, Tangier, Wilton, North Town, Haines Hill, Galmington, Frieze Hill, Rowbarton, Firepool, Sherford, Obridge, Bishops Hull, Lyngford, Comeytrowe, Wellsprings, Holway and surrounding Somerset areas.
Storage Container, Steel Container Taunton, Container offices, second hand and new with choices of High Cube, Refrigerated, Extra doors, Repainting, Portable Home, Loading, Unloading, South West Delivery and so much more – all at Taunton Cost-Saving Prices. Get in touch for more details, available deliveries and a hassle-free quote.
Straight forward..."Straight forward, quick to respond to queries and dropped-off with 4days. Would use again."
More Types of Taunton Shipping and Storage Containers For Sale and Hire
Used Containers for Sale47 Products
Used 40ft Containers for Sale28 Products
Used 20ft Containers for Sale34 Products
Used 10ft Containers for Sale23 Products
Tunnel Containers24 Products
Storage Containers24 Products
Small Containers19 Products
Side Loading Containers23 Products
Shipping Container Accessories19 Products
Shipping & Storage Containers83 Products
Self Storage Site Set Up4 Products
Refrigerated Containers For Sale25 Products
Portable Office Cabins25 Products
Open Top Containers21 Products
New Containers for Sale48 Products
New 40ft Containers27 Products
New 20ft Containers36 Products
New 10ft Containers23 Products
Modified Containers82 Products
Medium Containers17 Products
Large Containers19 Products
Flat Rack Containers For Sale6 Products
Extra Large Storage Containers17 Products
Container Canteens & Toilets26 Products
Container Cabins & Offices30 Products
Case Studies18 Products
40ft Containers for Sale33 Products
20ft Containers for sale47 Products
10ft Containers for Sale29 Products
Taunton Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale and Hire
Shipping containers begin their life as very big packing boxes for a diverse range of goods that eventually reach our shores. The Taunton containers are robust because they are specifically designed to stand-up to very challenging and severe weather conditions whilst carrying bulky and heavy cargo around the world, this ideally makes them a great fit not only for shipping but also for home and business storage or as a a start point for a very specific container project. Steel containers are made available as new or used units and 3J have great numbers of stocks currently available in Taunton and South West.
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Taunton and South West
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Taunton and South West. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used South West shipping container mean?
Used containers in Taunton have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
We offer new and second-hand Taunton shipping containers for sale and modified containers across Taunton, Somerset, South West and the UK. They are ideal for South West domestic or Taunton commercial storage, portable accommodation, site office, dry room, portable toilet, construction site cabins, South West portable kitchen, Taunton smoking shelter and so much more. Our containers are proven to be Hard wearing, withstand all types of weather, Highly secure, New or Used, available to suit a full range of budgets, Easily Modified.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Taunton and South West
The new container has been manufactured (most likely in China) and stocked up with cargo, it has then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it started its journey travelling around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aesthetically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Taunton and South West
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers for Taunton – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Taunton containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers for Taunton – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers for Taunton – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Taunton – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers for Taunton – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers for Taunton – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers for Taunton – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
Over 4 Decades of Taunton Shipping Container Experience
3J Services have over 40 years experience in supplying Taunton containers for a vast variety of needs, from moving home to exclusive, intricate container modifications and structures. They can be remanufactured to almost any size and built bespoke to meet your needs.
We give you professional expertise and advice, take care of your Somerset storage requirements, guiding you throughout the sales process and guaranteeing that your South West delivery is done effectively by one of our Somerset haulage specialists. Typically, our containers are brought to you using a HIAB Crane truck which also off-loads your Taunton container.
Call us today on 0330 321 3380 and get a cost-effective Taunton quote or fill-in our quick enquiry form to find out more
True insights into Taunton Shipping Container For Sale
82 ft) The most common containers utilized in the construction of container homes are the 40 foot containers. The basic response is yes. There are numerous examples of container homes all over the world. However the more complex response is, it depends where you live! As with any brand-new construction you ought to always contact your local preparation authority prior to committing yourself or investing too much cash.
If for instance you reside in an area of outstanding natural charm or all your houses around you are conventional stone cottages etc. you’ll likely find that the coordinators will not be really receptive towards the idea of a house constructed of huge steel boxes. container hire. You’re container house will also have to reveal that you adhere to fire regulations and other building control requirements.
It’s presumed that they’re a low-cost approach of building a house as the expense of purchasing a container is really reasonable. However, similar to anything there is a component of you get what you spend for! – many older containers will have had a tough life and may well be twisted or bent.
True insights into Taunton Shipping Container For Sale
No Rust – brand-new containers will have an excellent coat of fresh paint and ought to be rust free. – if you’re using numerous shipping containers you’ll desire them to line up perfectly and brand-new containers will. – New Hi-cube 40′ containers can cost around 3,000 – 4,000 however used 40′ containers can be gotten from under 1,000.
If you require 4 containers the price difference can soar to over 10,000 really quickly. – there are great deals of business who can sell you used containers at really brief notice from local stock so you could have it onsite in a matter of days. How hard can it be? You buy a few containers stack them up, cut out a few windows and doors, weld them together and you’re done, best Not rather! As soon as you cut a hole in a shipping container it loses a lot of its strength and rigidity, and you’re going to have to cut a lot of huge holes unless you desire all your rooms to be 12m long x 2.
4′ x x7. 7′) without any additional windows or doors. As soon as you cut a hole, you’re going to have to strengthen the whole container in order to replace the lost rigidity. container hire. This indicates you’ll require to include a lot more steel to your container and that’ll need the services of a structural engineer, if you wish to do it right! The next thing you’ll require to think about is condensation.
Finding out about Container Office pricing in Taunton and Somerset
No matter whether you insulate internally or externally, the insulation actually needs to be touching all the irregular shapes of the steel, otherwise the condensation threat increases within deep spaces that are left. You’ll also require to set up an excellent vapour barrier to the warm side of the insulation to avoid wetness coming into contact with the steel of your container home.
At which point you ‘d get condensation forming which could trigger rust to the steel and minimize the efficiency of your insulation. In my opinion the finest method to insulate a container homes is to use among the closed cell spray foam insulations readily available. My reasoning for this is the spray foam will bond to the irregular surface of the ribbed steel walls/roof meaning there are no air voids for condensation to form on.
Whether you select to insulate internally or externally is a concern for personal taste. However in either case it needs to be done carefully and properly if you wish to avoid rust issues in the future. Cheaper I’m on the fence with the one. Structure container homes can in theory be more affordable than conventional construction.
7 methods for finding a Taunton Shipping Container to Buy
– re-using old containers seems like a great method of re-cycling. However the reality remains that shipping containers are method over engineered to be a home. So you end up cutting out and getting rid of a lot of steel to then include a lot more steel in order to replace the structural stability.
– containers are really long lasting as they’re developed for use at sea. the structure of your house could be up in a few days. However only after prolonged engineers reports and strengthen works etc. have been performed. Accessibility – containers are relatively plentiful and simple to get. – as they’re steel they’ll transfer heat really quickly, so in hot climates they can overheat and in cold climates they can be really cold. You may have to sandblast them to eliminate the paints and replace the plywood flooring. – as soon as you cut an opening in your container it’ll lose part of its structural stability. Suggesting you’ll most likely have to get an engineer’s report for your local authorities. Particularly if you intend to stack them more than one high.
While I was initially drawn to the idea of container houses being a great method to recycle containers by turning them into houses. The more I investigated it the less persuaded I was that they’re as green as we like to picture. I presume by the time you get all your engineers reports and bring out all the needed enhancing works and create an excellent jointing information to sign up with the containers I ‘d be astonished if they’re much more affordable than a standard house on the exact same size.
However as a way of supplying a roofing over your head, they’re certainly jeopardized and while I applaud anybody who takes one on and succeeds, and many have, I don’t believe they’re for me. Container Residences.
We do not convert old shipping containers for people to reside in. We produce brand brand-new container houses to a guaranteed develop standard, backed by a 10-year structural service warranty. Your home is developed, from the ground up, to be a home, untouched by seawater or contents that could have undermined its structural stability.
Our container real estate units are purpose developed and not converted shipping containers. Unlike old shipping containers, a MAC container home has a solid steel, sealed flooring. The underside of a common shipping container The underside of a bespoke MAC container home The roofing system of a MAC container home is of pressure-bowed construction, so that the centre of the roofing system is somewhat raised to enable rainwater run-off.
Corrugated Smooth-sided Any colour you like as long as it’s MAC. Our container homes are painted with a one-coat, Hempel chlorinated, rubber-sealed paint system. You have an option of no fewer than 197 colours, supplying an exceptional surface that you can alter or touch up later on with regular paint. The UV worths of a MAC container home are usually as excellent or better than a traditionals equivalent.
We can also soundproof your container house. From outside paint colours to window placement to wallpaper. We can decorate your home, simply the method you like it. We can adjust your home for ease of access for the convenience and convenience of senior or disabled people. We can assist with every aspect of your container real estate requirements.
We provide your brand-new container house prepared to reside in, with all your options of surface and design fitted at the factory.
We pride ourselves that the shipping containers we supply are of the finest quality and highly budget friendly. We supply a variety of containers for nearly every possible application. container hire. From 6ft, a container can be utilized for motor bike or garden storage all the method to 45ft beasts which could even be customized into a pool, the limit is only your imagination.
With our vast series of sizes you can also select the colour and level of use from brand brand-new, one trip or under ten years utilized. In addition to our ‘simply a container’ service we provide a bespoke and customised option for all of our containers. You can merely select the colour, select a particular colour of your choice or even work with our innovative group to develop a genuinely custom construction.
3J Services Ltd
Call 0330 100 5469