Liverpool Shipping and Storage Containers for Sale
Used Shipping and Storage Containers in Liverpool and England
Used steel containers are available in a variety of sizes, as standard, we can provide 10ft, 20ft and 40ft used containers throughout Liverpool and England. However, our ability to modify containers means that we can provide used containers in any size to suit your needs.
What does used shipping container mean?
Used containers in Liverpool have been owned by a number of years by a shipping line who have used the containers on a number of occasions to ship goods around the UK. A used container enters the market when the contract with the leasing company has expired.
Used containers are usually at least 10-12 years old, however, their age should not influence your buying decision, the grade, or quality should.
Our used containers are checked upon entering and before leaving our storage depots. They are weather proof and although they may not look too pretty, we still expect them (with the right upkeep) to last you around 10 years.
Security features can easily be added to used shipping containers. A lockbox is a steel shroud that is welded to the container doors, a steel lug is located inside the lockbox which houses a high security padlock. We can recommend the best padlock to use with your lockbox.
New Shipping and Storage Containers in Liverpool and England
The new container has been built (most likely in China) and filled with cargo, it has then been loaded on a shipping vessel where it has begun its journey around the world with the cargo being loaded and un-loaded as required. The new container has then finished its journey in the UK where the container is emptied and enters the UK domestic market.
New containers are sometimes known as ‘one-way’ or ‘once shipped’ containers.
Aestheically, they are much neater than used containers, generally speaking they are available in blue or green.
Special Containers in Liverpool and England
A wide variety of ‘special’ containers can also be provided, these include
- Side Loading Containers – Available in 20ft or 40ft lengths, these Liverpool containers have full concertina doors to one 20ft side and to one 8ft end, they make loading large or awkward equipment very simple. These units are usually only available as new.
- Dual Side Loading Containers – Available in 20ft lengths, these rare containers have concertina doors to both 20ft sides and to one 8ft end! They are ideal base units for a conversion project, or for loading awkward equipment. These units are usually only available as new.
- High Cube Containers – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have an extra 1ft in height, therefore, as oppose to the usual 8ft 6ins external height of a standard shipping container, these units are 9ft 6ins externally. Whilst 20ft high cubes only tend to be available as new units, or as modified cut downs, 40ft high cubes are usually readily available as new or used units.
- Double Door or Tunnel Containers – Available in 20ft and 40ft lengths, these units have double cargo doors to both 8ft ends of the container, this makes loading and unloading the container very straight-forward as a forklift can unload/load from both ends without having to remove all of the equipment to get to the front of the container. These units are usually available as new, however, used modified units can be fabricated.
- High Cube Double Door or Tunnel Containers – Like a standard double door / tunnel container, these units have doors at both 8ft ends, however, they also provide an extra 1ft in height providing an external height dimension of 9ft 6ins. These units only tend to be available as new, unless modified.
- Pallet Wide Containers – These units tend to be 45ft long and have a slighter larger internal width of 8ft, they were made with the Euro Pallet in mind, and, the extra internal space means that a pallet wide container can load an additional five Euro Pallets to a standard width 45ft container.
- Open Top Containers – Open top containers are available in 20ft and 40ft lengths and can be procured as new or used units. They were designed for extra large pieces of cargo that was simply too high or awkward for a standard container, these units do not have a roof, instead they are covered by a tarpaulin.
We modify and supply shipping containers to suit all needs so if you have a requirements that’s a bit out of the ordinary, contact our team to discuss what we can do for you on 0330 321 3380 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
M-F: 8am – 5pm