Roller Shutter Doors – Shipping & Storage Container Modification – UK Delivery
Do you require a roller shutter for your shipping container?
Roller shutters fitted to shipping containers are a great alternative to standard cargo doors, flat panel double doors or steel personnel doors. They can be manual or electric and are available in different sizes, configurations, specifications and finishes. We use steel roller shutters in many of our container conversions including container bars and food stalls, secure stores, container ticket offices, turnstile containers, pop up retail stands, multi-stores and test facility shipping containers.
Unobstructed Container Access
- The use of roller shutters in container conversions means you can have unobstructed access up to 10 metres wide and in any height to suit your project. Roller shutters are easy to operate and a great option if you need a side opening container and don’t want to handle heavy container doors. For ease of access and security, the shutters are available with electrical, spring loaded manual or manual chain operation.
Replace Container Cargo Doors
- Roller shutters can replace container cargo doors or turn a standard container into a tunnel container. They can be used to secure openings, cover windows or recessed doors as well as providing advertising space on your container. Manufactured using galvanised steel, the anti-vandal roller door can be painted to any RAL colour or branded with your company logo.
- The housing of a roller shutter door (where the roller door is stored when open) can be mounted internally or externally on the container at high level. The location of the roller shutter housing will depend on what the container is being used for and if it is going to be moved after delivery. For example, a mobile café container would need to have the housing on the inside of the shipping container to prevent it being knocked or damaged during transport, where as a secure store container may be able to have the housing on the outside, to give more storage space internally.
Supplying Roller Shutter Doors with different specifications
We can supply roller shutters in different specifications, including;
- Standard galvanised steel roller shutters as detailed above
- Insulated roller shutters
- Aluminium roller shutters
- Fire rated roller shutters
If you need a secure roller shutter door included in your container conversion project, get in touch with the team today. Our team have extensive knowledge of shipping container accessories and modifications, we have worked on shipping container projects around the country throughout our 40 years experience. We know what we are doing, so give us a call.
See our container modification and container accessories pages for a wide range of modified containers and container accessories that might suit your needs.
M-F: 8am – 5pm